U.K. private sales web-only merchant replicates experience on e-commerce site for mobile consumers
Leading private sales etailer BrandAlley.co.uk has launched its first mobile-friendly site to allow members to shop its sales on any mobile or tablet device in an aim to double its mobile sales figures for 2012.
BrandAlley runs five new private sales each day, with up to 70% off RRP across fashion, beauty, homeware and lifestyle and is targeting 10% of all revenue via mobile in the next year. This is response to high demand from its savvy members to shop anywhere, at any time and on any device allowing its members to enjoy a luxury lifestyle at an affordable price.
BrandAlley is the first private sales site to launch a fully functional mobile platform in the UK and will be pivotal to give its members the very best service that suits their lifestyle and increase its impressive repeat purchase rate of 66%.
The mobile site was built for BrandAlley by Usablenet and is fully accessible through any smartphone or tablet device. The mobile site has been created to fully replicate the user journey on BrandAlley's main site making it quick and easy to navigate, shop and pay securely.
BrandAlley Marketing and PR Director Melissa Littler said: "Recent consumer research commissioned by BrandAlley clearly demonstrates more people are researching and shopping via their smart phones or tablet. We found that 40% of shoppers have already bought products via a mobile device. With online access via mobile forecast to outgrow computers in 2014, we're ready and able to take advantage of this. We plan 10% of our revenue next year will come via mobile, and it will be critical to our future growth."
She added, "Our members are savvy shoppers who want to get a great deal wherever they are at a time that suits them. Our most popular sales can sell out within hours and our members can now browse the site on their way to work and make sure they don't miss out on their favourite brands."
Usablenet chief executive Nick Taylor commented: "BrandAlley has established itself as the leader in online flash sales, and extending to a mobile channel adds great value to consumers who can now access these limited-time offers while on the go. BrandAlley members can now have a successful shopping experience hunting for their favorite bargains via their mobile phones, anytime, anywhere, and never miss a sale."
BrandAlley, which was launched in the UK in 2008 has over 2.5 million members and 3 million unique visitors to its site each month. Sales in the last quarter of 2011 were ahead 60% year-on-year.
* BrandAlley UK was launched in 2008 and currently has 2.5 million members and is the pioneer of the private sales business model in the UK
* Each day BrandAlley launches 5 to 6 designer sales and offers over 1,500 brands to its rapidly expanding base of members
* BrandAlley UK was the winner of the Online Retail Award for Best e-tailer, a finalist for the Drapers e-tailer of The Year award and is shortlisted for Retail Week's growing retailer category
* BrandAlley UK was named fastest growing retailer online by Compete, a Kantar Media company
* Usablenet is a global technology leader for mobile and multichannel customer engagement working with 20% of the Fortune 1000 companies. For more information visit www.usablenet.com
* For more information or interview requests contact Lisa Berwin Communications, email@example.com, 07734531447
* BrandAlley in-house Press Office, 0207 782 1350
For more information please visit: http://www.brandalley.co.uk