Seasoned executive brings rich financial, business development, and fundraising experience to leader in immersive tablet commerce
BOSTON, Feb. 7, 2012 -- News Facts:
* Zmags, the leading provider of rich media mobile and social merchandising, today announced that Hugh Merryweather joined the executive team as Chief Financial Officer.
* Merryweather will oversee the organization's financial operations and strategically guide the company as it continues its momentum in the explosive tablet and social commerce space.
* Merryweather brings extensive strategic planning, fundraising and internal compliance experience to Zmags, along with strong relationships with investment banking and venture capital organizations.
* He joins Zmags from Circles, a leading concierge services provider specializing in customer and employee engagement, where he spent more than 10 years, and was actively involved in the company's sale to Sodexo in 2007. Shortly after joining Circles in 2000, he was called upon to assist in raising Circles' D round of venture funding. It was after the successful closing of venture funding in 2001 that Merryweather was named CFO.
* He most recently served as Global CFO and Head of New Business Development, overseeing the North American and European finance teams, as well as North American new business development, Employee Engagement Operations, IT Infrastructure, Facilities, Risk and Compliance.
* Prior to Circles, Merryweather was the executive director at edu.com and director of partnerships for Fidelity Investments.
* Merryweather holds a joint MBA/Master's degree in Accounting from Northeastern University and a BA in History from Amherst College.
"The tablet and social markets are growing at a breakneck speed and Zmags is a company that has its finger on the pulse of the connected consumer," said Merryweather. "Retailers will look to companies such as Zmags for guidance as to how to best reach and engage this new class of consumers and it felt like the perfect time to join this team as it helps redefine the shopping experience."
"For Zmags, 2011 was a transitional year, making the move from a better publishing experience to an unmatched rich media merchandising experience for retailers," said Michael Schreck, president and CEO, Zmags. "With such an extensive global financial and business development background, we knew Hugh was the best person to come on board in 2012 to propel Zmags forward as we, and this market, continue to grow and gain momentum."
Zmags helps thousands of the world's most progressive global retailers and brands design brilliant and consistent marketing and merchandising campaigns across social, mobile, tablet, and e-commerce platforms, driving product discovery and inspiring purchases. Using the Zmags on-demand rich media merchandising platform, leading brands have measurably and dramatically increased customer engagement, conversion rates, order size and brand loyalty without the burden of IT constraints. Zmags is among the fastest growing technology companies in North America, ranking #70 on the Deloitte 2011 Technology Fast 500. Zmags is headquartered in Boston, MA. with European offices in London and Copenhagen. For more information about Zmags, please visit www.zmags.com.
InkHouse for Zmags