Built upon the new Adobe Online Marketing Suite Platform, these solutions deliver powerful new features and advanced measurement of social, mobile, and video data.
A recent IDC report titled “Mobile Apps, Application Stores and the Mobile Platform” stated that in 2010 there were 10.9 billion mobile app downloads – with social media comprising the top downloaded apps. IDC predicts that by 2014, there will be almost 80 billion mobile app downloads – a 634% increase. Also by 2014, according to the Cisco Visual Networking Index, Internet video alone will account for 57% of all consumer Internet traffic. Social, mobile, and video have now become mainstream digital channels. With this dramatic shift in online data, marketers face many new and complex questions that must be answered in order to optimize their digital marketing initiatives.
To address these changing dynamics and challenges, Adobe announces two new updates to the Adobe Online Marketing Suite, Powered by Omniture — Adobe SiteCatalyst 15 and Adobe Discover, version 2.96. These new solutions are built upon the new Adobe Online Marketing Suite Platform. This new platform dramatically alters how the Suite processes data and derives insight, powering the Suite’s analytics products with new capabilities to address the online analytic challenges of today – such as optimizing mobile, social, and video data, as well as the unforeseen challenges of tomorrow.
This latest release of Adobe SiteCatalyst includes new features and enhancements such as:
Platform & Productivity Enhancements:
• New Segmentation Capabilities: SiteCatalyst users can apply segmentation right from the newly redesigned interface and – with as little as two clicks – apply segments to any report in real-time. For instance, if you want to segment your social media visitors in real-time – say purchasers from Facebook vs. purchasers from Twitter – you can quickly and easily see how these segments are performing and interacting with your site.
• Suite Level Segmentation: Because the new platform facilitates improved integration and data sharing across the Online Marketing Suite, segment sharing is now available between SiteCatalyst, Discover, and Adobe Test&Target. • Redesigned User Interface: SiteCatalyst 15 introduces an enhanced user interface and intuitive design that displays customizable, interactive overview dashboard reports immediately upon logging in. Additionally, new search functionality enables SiteCatalyst users to quickly find a specific report by name or type without sorting through the menu system.
• Reporting Improvements: The new platform makes it possible for SiteCatalyst, Discover, and Adobe DataWarehouse to now have consistent metrics and breakdowns. Additionally, Visits, Visitors, and Page Views are now available on all reports and full sub-relations are now enabled by default.
• Adobe DigitalPulse Updated for SiteCatalyst 15: The latest version of DigitalPulse has been updated to validate all new SiteCatalyst 15 features, furthering its role as the leading implementation auditing solution.
• New, interactive iPad Application: This app takes advantage of the unique capabilities of the iPad, such as data manipulation with the touch screen interface. Users can scroll, swipe, and zoom into a specific time period, as well as add new metrics with a simple touch. Users can even email reports that they create, directly from the app. If you’re a mobile SiteCatalyst user, this app is a must-have.
Improved Data Collection & Processing:
• Processing Rules: Control numerous aspects of your implementation such as populating reports and setting success events based on a wide range of customizable criteria without the need to involve IT.
• List Variables: With list variables, you can capture any data dimension that can occur multiple times on a page, such as ad impressions or criteria in a guided search. Conversion can then be tied back to those variables to give a more complete picture of how individual elements drive success on a site.
The latest release of Discover includes new enhancements and capabilities including:
• Cross-year Project Time Frames: Data is now based on a new, more flexible format that will accommodate cross-year data timeframes that are included in a single project.
• Active User Visibility: The Discover user administration page provides visibility into who is currently using Discover, as well as the ability to bump users off of Discover to make room for others.
• Segment Validation & Suite Integration: A new Suite Segments folder contains a list of actionable segments based on the same definition between SiteCatalyst, Discover and Test&Target. These segments help facilitate more effective integration between analysis, conversion, and optimization. Additionally, Discover users can now validate segments within the segment builder while creating segment definitions.
• Adobe SearchCenter+ Pre-click Data: Perform more in-depth analysis on search campaigns, keywords, ad groups, etc. with pre-click metrics such as cost & impressions included in Discover.
• Full Data Sources Support: All data source types – including summary traffic and conversion data sources – are now available in Discover.