BOSTON, JUNE 16, 2009 - SHOP.COM (booth #845), the destination comparison shopping site designed to meet the specific needs of women aged 35 to 54, is at the Internet Retailer Conference & Exhibition, spotlighting the newest ways the company is serving the highly coveted but too often overlooked “mom” shopper. SHOP.COM recently introduced an updated site design and new money-saving features, such as Price Drop Alerts, to underscore the brand’s continuing mission to offer busy women a compelling shopping experience and ways to save money.
“SHOP.COM understands its core customers, women 35-plus who have unique demands as busy moms and CFOs of the household,” said Mondy Beller, Senior Vice President, Marketing for SHOP.COM. “The female demographic has recently become the subject of media and marketers’ interest, but SHOP.COM has long been keenly aware of the incredible buying power of this under-served segment. While so many online marketers are youth-focused, SHOP.COM remains focused on engaging our primary customer of women over 35.”
Among the latest ways that SHOP.COM is bolstering its engagement of female shoppers online:
• More “30 Days of Feeling Good” – Continuation of the site’s popular campaign featuring deals and giveaways to offer simple, affordable ways to feel good during challenging economic times and to find everyday reasons to smile. Central to the campaign is a Twitter URL, www.twitter.com/30DaysFeelGood, which brings the latest in Web deals and giveaways, as well as inspirational quotes and musings, fun products, freebies and other “feel good” things.
• Feel Good Contests and Sweepstakes – SHOP.COM will reward one “Feel Good” prize per week in the month of June. SHOP.COM visitors can enter to win items such as Benefit Cosmetics and a new Kindle 2. The newly launched Benefit Cosmetics giveaway offer attracted over 1,000 entries in the first two days of its debut. Another upcoming featured contest will serve up cooking-themed giveaways timed to the Sony Pictures release of “Julie & Julia.”
• Enhanced musicSHOP – SHOP.COM’s popular musicSHOP offers discounted pricing on the latest hits from Grammy-winning artists and allows shoppers to listen to exclusive song selections in their entirety through a free Flash audio player while they shop on the site. musicSHOP will soon be enhanced to enable music downloads and view a video player. Titles are carefully selected and promoted based on trends that mirror the tastes of the women who shop the site.
• Price Drop Alerts – SHOP.COM customers can receive a price alert via email when a product’s price drops to or below the amount they are willing to pay. Customers simply enter the desired amount on any product page throughout the site. These remain active for 60 days and can be extended if desired.
• Extra 7% Back – A current money-saving promotion offering an opportunity to get an extra seven percent rebate on purchases of $70 or more using SHOP.COM’s OneCart®, the site’s proprietary universal shopping cart. The promotion, which runs until June 30, is good even on all sale items from OneCart stores. The discount is automatically reflected at checkout. Registered users of the site will also receive e-mail updates on additional sale items and offerings. SHOP.COM also offers free shipping from many of its merchant partners and thousands of coupons.
SHOP.COM’s Partner Store program allows customers to purchase directly from hundreds of linked stores. Through SHOP.COM’s unique OneCart® Trusted Merchants program, customers can browse and purchase items using the site’s OneCart®. SHOP.COM’s current listings offer access to over 20 million products from more than 2,000 stores.
SHOP.COM is the comparison shopping engine that is designed to meet the specific shopping needs of women – and the individual business needs of merchants. Leveraging the multi-merchant features of its patented OneCart® technology along with extensive partner store integration, SHOP.COM offers an authoritative selection of products from well-known brand name merchants and high quality specialty retailers. Privately-held, SHOP.COM is a California-based company with an office in the United Kingdom. For more information, visit the company’s web site at www.SHOP.com.
Briana Papa for SHOP.COM