Don Davis , Editor in Chief
LEXINGTON, Mass., January 10, 2008 - Gomez, Inc., the leading on-demand infrastructure web application experience management solutions provider, today announced revenue growth of more than 45 percent for the year ended December 31, 2007. More than 400 new customers selected Gomez during 2007 to help them deliver quality web experiences to their customers.
“Gomez’s outstanding performance in 2007 demonstrates our continued leadership,” said CEO Jaime Ellertson. “Key to this success was the introduction of new products for companies to test, design and develop web applications for the Internet leveraging our network, and consequently, we were able to close an increased number of multi-product deals. As web applications have become not just the norm, but also richer and more complex, more businesses worldwide are relying on Gomez to enhance the quality of their web experiences.”
Business and financial:
• Generated year-over-year revenue growth of greater than 45 percent; and sustained 19 quarters of successive revenue growth.
• Successfully completed acquisitions of Sysformance AG, which increased Gomez’s presence in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, and of BrowserCam, which added on-demand browser visual testing to our product portfolio.
• Deepened our leadership bench with key strategic appointments including an SVP of R&D; and Operations; a VP of Worldwide Network Operations and Network Engineering; a VP of Lead Generation Programs, a VP of EMEA and a General Counsel.
• Signed over 400 new customers including numerous contracts for multiple year commitments. Major brands added during the year included Accenture, AT&T; Inc., American Eagle Outfitters, Inc., BBC Worldwide Limited, Bed Bath & Beyond Inc., Coach, Inc., comScore, Inc., Hallmark Cards, Inc., John Hancock, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc., Siemens AG, Silverjet plc, Subaru of America, Inc., The Associated Press, The Nielsen Company B.V., UPS, US Airways Inc., YELLOWPAGES.COM LLC, and Zappos.
• Increased penetration into web-dependent vertical markets, with key wins including:
• 40 new customers in retail
• 36 new customers in consumer products goods
• 30 new customers in financial services
• 29 new customers in media and publishing
• Accelerated acceptance of new products. During the second half of 2007 more than one-third of our new enterprise customers purchased multiple products from the Gomez® ExperienceFirst™ platform.
• Over 20 new channel partners including Blast Radius, Citrix Systems, Inc., Level 3 Communications, Inc., Rackspace Managed Hosting, Ronghai Consulting (China), Samsung Networks, and Torque|FKM joined the Gomez Performance Partner Program, which already included the industry’s top three content delivery networks: Akamai, CDNetworks and Limelight Networks.
• Named Best SaaS Company in the mid-size category for 2007 by Software Business Magazine.
Technology and products:
• Successfully extended the Gomez ExperienceFirst platform, entering the quality assurance market with a suite of on-demand software tools that extend web performance into web 2.0 application design and development.
• Tripled the size of the Gomez® Active Last Mile™ XF community, now offering 38,000 end-user desktops enabling external website performance monitoring from different connection speeds, ISPs, and geographies.
“In addition to growth in our customer base and revenues, increasing cash flow from operations this past year further reinforced Gomez’s strong financial position, and enabled product development and network infrastructure investments, and the acquisitions of Sysformance and BrowserCam,” said Gomez CFO, Richard Darer.
Gomez, Inc. is the leading on-demand infrastructure provider for web application experience management, helping the world’s top businesses ensure quality web experiences for their customers. Gomez® ExperienceFirst™ applications are used by more than 1000 companies worldwide, including eight of the top 10 most visited sites, six of the top 10 retailers, nine of the top 10 financial services firms, five of the top 10 social networking companies, and four of the top 10 industrial companies. Gomez provides the industry’s only comprehensive solution for managing the web application experience from development through deployment and the entire application life cycle, featuring visual, functional and load testing, actual end-user and active website monitoring, competitive benchmarking, and more than 38,000 data sources worldwide. For more information, please visit www.gomez.com.
Gomez® and Gomez.com® are registered service marks, and ExperienceFirstTM and Active Last Mile™ XF are service marks, of Gomez, Inc. All other trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.