Chinese online consumers now can purchase products directly from the British high-end fashion brand Burberry. Burberry Group PLC launched its online store Tuesday on ...
DogVacay.com Releases First App for iPhone and iPod Touch That Lets Pet Parents Find and Book a Dog Sitter in Their Neighborhood
The mobile app is the first-of-its-kind enabling pet owners to make reservations on the go with nearby dog sitters complete with complimentary pet insurance and 24/7 customer support
SANTA MONICA, Calif.--DogVacay.com, the leading online and mobile pet sitting and services community, today announced the debut of its app which offers pet parents a seamless way to find and book a dog sitter in their neighborhood complete with complimentary pet insurance and 24/7 customer service support. The new app is the first of its kind to allow pet parents the ability to reserve a dog sitter in their neighborhood directly from their phone. Building on its current app available for hosts, the app enables pet parents to stay in touch with their host while they’re away, and to receive photo updates of their pup enjoying his own vacation.
With DogVacay for iPhone and iPod touch, pet parents can now:
- Search thousands of dog sitters and see who’s nearby
- Create a free account
- Read reviews and find the perfect host for their dog’s needs and personality
- Schedule in-person meet and greets with DogVacay hosts to make sure the host is a fit for their dog
- Make a reservation and pay for it directly from the phone
- Receive push notifications of photo updates from their host while on Vacay
- Stay in touch with their DogVacay host with one-click access to call or email them
- Have one-click access to call or email DogVacay’s Concierge, which helps pet parents find the perfect host for pups requiring special care, whether it’s 24/7 monitoring or complicated injections for diabetes
The new version of the app has everything a pet parent needs to make a reservation and stay in touch with their DogVacay host while on vacation. The DogVacay app also boasts existing helpful features for its hosts, too. They can:
- Receive notifications for all new requests and messages
- Read inquiries and choose whether to accept or decline
- Access guest contact information and message threads
- Receive reminders to send photo updates
- Send photo updates to guests
“Because our pet parents are travelers, we know our audience is always on the go,” said co-founder and “Top Dog” of DogVacay, Aaron Hirschhorn. “With our customers’ need in mind, our new app lets them do everything needed to reserve a DogVacay stay and allows them to keep in touch with their host while they’re away. Pet parents can get peace of mind by checking on their pup through the app from wherever they are.”
The DogVacay app is available for download on the App Store.
DogVacay.com is an online and mobile community that connects dog parents in need of pet-care services (home dog boarding, pet sitting, doggie daycare) with qualified pet caregivers. Forget the kennel! Find a dog sitter in your neighborhood with DogVacay.com. We have thousands of vetted and insured dog lovers across the country ready to watch your dog like a member of their family. Simply browse hosts in your area, schedule and book online. Rates start at $15/night, and all reservations include complimentary insurance, 24/7 customer support, and daily photo updates. DogVacay was founded by entrepreneurs Aaron and Karine Hirschhorn in March 2012.