WorldLister speedily generates product listings—no typing necessary.
The Buckle’s online sales increase 5% in the second quarter
The retail chain’s overall sales and net income also rise.
Apparel retailer The Buckle Inc. says its online sales increased 5% in its fiscal second quarter ended Aug. 3. It also reported increases in its overall sales and profit.
For the second quarter, The Buckle, No. 225 in the Internet Retailer Top 500, reported:
- Web sales increased 5.0% year over year to $16.8 million from $16.0 million.
- Overall revenue grew 7.9% to $232.5 million from $215.5 million in the second quarter of 2012.
- Comparable-store sales increased 3.2%.
- Net income of $25.1 million, an 8.2% increase from $23.2 million.
The web accounted for 7.2% of total sales in the second quarter, a dip from 7.4% in Q2 last year.
For the six months ended Aug. 3, The Buckle reported:
- Web sales increased 5.6% to $37.7 million from $35.7 million a year ago.
- Overall revenue increased 4.8% to $502.2 million from $479.2 million in the first half of 2012.
- Comparable-store sales increased 2.2%.
- Net income of $62.7 million, a 2.8% increase from $61.0 million.
Online sales accounted for 7.5% of overall sales for the six-month period, compared with 7.4% for the same period a year earlier. The Buckle’s current fiscal year ends Feb. 1, 2014.