For Jack Ma, executive chairman of Alibaba Group Holdings, today is an extremely busy and lucrative day because the company he founded 15 years ...
Adds industry-specific features for the most popular types of local businesses
CHICAGO-- Today Groupon (www.groupon.com) (NASDAQ: GRPN) announced major additions to its free Breadcrumb POS (breadcrumb.groupon.com) iPad point-of-sale app that provide the most popular types of local businesses with a pre-built, customizable experience adapted to their specific industry. With Breadcrumb POS v.1.2, hair and nail salons, spas, studios, wine bars, cafes and retail establishments now have their own point-of-sale experience designed for their unique merchant environments.
Thousands of Menu Items to Load or Choose From - Breadcrumb POS comes with seven preloaded menus and inventory lists for the most popular types of local businesses, enabling merchants to start running their systems within minutes; merchants can also now add, scroll and search thousands of menu items. (Photo: Business Wire)
Launched in May 2013, Breadcrumb POS delivers highly-relevant features for a broad range of merchants, including: the ability to use pre-loaded menus and inventory lists, process offline transactions, scan and redeem Groupon vouchers, track deal performance, add custom item modifiers and more. As a result of the 1.2 updates, Groupon now has a point-of-sale solution for every type of local business. These offerings include:
- Breadcrumb POS for Salons/Spas:https://breadcrumb.groupon.com/pos/spa
- Breadcrumb POS for Quick-Service Cafes/Bars:https://breadcrumb.groupon.com/pos/cafe
- Breadcrumb POS for Studios/Retail:https://breadcrumb.groupon.com/pos/retail
- Breadcrumb PRO for Restaurants/Bars:https://breadcrumb.groupon.com/pro
"Groupon has worked with several hundred thousand local businesses around the world and through these relationships they've told us they want a point-of-sale that is specific to their type of business," said Mihir Shah, VP, Merchant OS. "Breadcrumb POS is free, easy to use, designed for seven of the most popular types of local businesses and comes with one of the most competitive payment processing plans in the United States."
Breadcrumb POS Now Addresses the Following Scenarios:
- Thousands of Menu Items to Load or Choose From — Breadcrumb POS comes with seven preloaded menus and inventory lists for the most popular types of local businesses, enabling merchants to start running their systems within minutes; merchants can also now add, scroll and search thousands of menu items.
- WiFi Signal Goes Out — Breadcrumb POS keeps checkout lines moving in the event the Internet connection is disrupted, storing transactions for up to one hour and processing offline transactions once WiFi resumes.
- Customer Has a Groupon Voucher — Built-in Groupon redemption provides for a smooth transaction experience for both merchants and consumers; in addition, the system enables merchants to exclude products and services not eligible for the discount and tracks overall deal performance.
- Modify a Latte with Soy Milk and Add Extra Whipped Cream — Make changes or add to any item or package and seamlessly apply them to a customer's bill.
- Put This Drink on My Tab — Merchants can now serve more than one customer at a time by allowing them to keep their tabs open during their dining and shopping experiences.
Local businesses interested in learning more about Breadcrumb POS and other Breadcrumb by Groupon products and services can visitbreadcrumb.groupon.com.
Breadcrumb by Groupon solutions include:
- Breadcrumb POS — Provides merchants with a contemporary, effective and inexpensive way to replace their outdated cash registers with an easy-to-use point-of-sale solution that offers a low-price guarantee on credit card transaction fees
- Breadcrumb PRO — Caters exclusively to restaurants and bars that require a more extensive set of features such as check and table management and time clock functionality
- Breadcrumb Payments - Payments service backed by a low price guarantee to save local businesses money on credit card transactions that offers rates of only 1.8 percent plus $0.15 per transaction (MasterCard, Visa and Discover) with no hidden costs or monthly fees
- Groupon Merchants App for iPhone and Android — Enables local businesses to process credit card transactions, accept and redeemGroupon vouchers and measure the performance of Groupon deals
Low Price Guarantee: Some restrictions apply. See the terms and conditions at breadcrumb.groupon.com for details.
Breadcrumb by Groupon is a suite of powerful, cloud-based iPad and smartphone tools that help businesses operate faster, know their customers better and maximize revenue. Breadcrumb products include flexible, affordable iPad point-of-sale products and payments solutions for all businesses, which include a low price guarantee on credit card transaction fees, free installation assistance and 24/7 phone technical support. To learn more about Breadcrumb by Groupon products and to see them in action, visit breadcrumb.groupon.com.
Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN) is a global leader in local commerce, making it easy for people around the world to search and discover great businesses at unbeatable prices. Groupon is reinventing the traditional small business world by providing merchants with a suite of products and services, including customizable deals, payments processing capabilities and point-of-sale solutions to help them attract more customers and run their operations more effectively. By leveraging the company's global relationships and scale, Groupon offers consumers incredible deals on the best stuff to eat, see, do, and buy in 48 countries. With Groupon, shoppers discover the best a city has to offer with Groupon Local, enjoy vacations with GrouponGetaways, and find a curated selection of electronics, fashion, home furnishings and more with Groupon Goods. To subscribe to Groupon emails, visitwww.Groupon.com. To learn more about the company's merchant solutions and how to work with Groupon, visit www.GrouponWorks.com.
"Groupon" and "Breadcrumb" are registered trademarks of Groupon, Inc. All other names used may be trademarks of their respective holders.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/multimedia/home/20130724005786/en/