- DeviceAnywhere 6 introduces portable scripting across diverse smartphones with ScriptObjects
- New point-and-click, intelligent, and robust mobile script recorder
- Tightly integrated with enterprise test automation platforms from HP and IBM
LAS VEGAS & SAN MATEO, Calif.--May. 21, 2013-- Keynote (NASDAQ: KEYN), the global leader in Internet and mobile cloud testing & monitoring, today announced expanded capabilities for Keynote’s DeviceAnywhere Enterprise platform. Addressing the need for efficient and intuitive mobile test automation tools for Enterprise QA teams, DeviceAnywhere Enterprise 6 (previously known as Test Center Enterprise) now delivers new features and expanded support to make mobile testing faster and more efficient. These advances transform the enterprise approach to real-device testing, simplifying mobile test automation for every organization.
The demand for mobile apps (including native, hybrid and Web apps) is exploding, as more people rely on smart devices to accomplish personal and business tasks. Strategy Analytics reports that the mobile business apps market will reach almost $50 billion by the end of 2017. Yet according to the recent 2012 -13 World Quality Report (WQR), “While budgets might be in reasonable shape, confidence in testing resources is not resounding. A majority of organizations characterize their internal teams as ‘average’ at best, in their knowledge of core testing processes and methodologies, and not necessarily up to speed with the latest testing tools and technologies.
“Simply put, as the competitive landscape forces organizations to update and optimize their testing resources and drive down costs and time-to-market, the overall quality of testing resources needs to keep pace, to satisfy or exceed the perceived and increasingly complex requirements of organizations in the future.” To address these key challenges, organizations are searching for testing solutions that require little to no training, evolve quickly, and are cost effective.
“‘Mobile First’ is a popular strategy that recognizes the increasing preference of consumers and business users to run applications on smartphones and tablets. Companies must have the ability to cost-effectively test the user experience of their mobile apps on a multitude of devices and platforms. Otherwise, Mobile First may end up turning into an empty promise for frustrated users with negative feelings for the companies that developed them,” said Mark Levitt, an enterprise strategies analyst with the global wireless practice at Strategy Analytics.
To meet this demand, Keynote’s DeviceAnywhere Enterprise 6 introduces two compelling new features: DeviceAnywhere ScriptObjects and the DeviceAnywhere Recorder, as well as enhanced integrations with leading enterprise testing frameworks from HP and IBM.
DeviceAnywhere ScriptObjects provides powerful, flexible, and intelligent mobile scripting that enables your entire organization to quickly and easily build test scripts that work across multiple devices for faster test automation. With DeviceAnywhere ScriptObjects, users can create object-level scripts for native, Web, and hybrid applications within a real-device testing environment.
DeviceAnywhere Recorder is a scripting tool with an intuitive user interface that requires no training to get started. The feature-rich recorder allows organizations to quickly develop robust scripts, containing precise validation checks, which can be quickly added to a user’s test suite. The speed and flexibility of the recorder are of great value for organizations with short, agile test cycles.
These new features now allow anyone in the organization to write resilient and portable mobile testing scripts and run those tests across multiple devices for faster test automation.
Benefits of DeviceAnywhere Enterprise:
- Flexibility - Supports testing of native, hybrid, and Web apps on any mobile smartphone or tablet device.
- Faster test automation – Write once, run anywhere scripting capabilities let you build test scripts that work across multiple devices, expanding your device coverage.
- Ease of use – The recorder allows anyone in your organization to quickly test on mobile devices, like a seasoned professional.
- Reduced cost – New users can get up to speed immediately with little to no training, using the graphical DeviceAnywhere Recorder.
Keynote is also announcing enhanced integration with leading enterprise test automation platforms, making it even easier for organizations to incorporate mobile testing into their standard test frameworks:
- DeviceAnywhere Enterprise for HP UFT – Keynote has expanded its support for HP’s UFT (Unified Functional Testing) software. HP users (including those using QuickTest Professional) can now extend their existing skillset to support mobile testing on real devices and emulated devices with no training required. DeviceAnywhere Enterprise for HP UFT is now generally available, in addition to the beta availability of MITE Enterprise for HP UFT.
- DeviceAnywhere Enterprise for IBM Rational – Keynote has improved support for IBM’s Rational testing environment enabling IBM RQM (Rational Quality Manager) users to transform their existing desktop testing platform into a true, end-to-end testing environment to include mobile devices.
These enterprise integrations make it possible for QA teams to automate testing directly from their existing platforms, leveraging their investments and training.
Customers are already excited about the latest version of DeviceAnywhere Enterprise: “By working with Keynote, we are able to help our customers take their services to market with unprecedented speed and quality. Their solution is a natural complement to our existing network testing infrastructure,” said Adrian Luker, program manager at Aricent. “Our customers need to be completely aware of the experience they are providing for the end user. Having this superior insight into what consumers will be experiencing, means that changes can happen quickly, and we can be confident that end users will see improvements, rather than be inconvenienced.”
Keynote will be demonstrating DeviceAnywhere Enterprise at CTIA 2013 in Las Vegas, NV at the Sands Convention Center & Hotel from May 21- 23, 2013 at booth #3123.
To request a demo of DeviceAnywhere Enterprise, or to read more about it, visit us at http://www.keynotedeviceanywhere.com/
Keynote (NASDAQ: KEYN) is the global leader in Internet and mobile cloud testing & monitoring. The company maintains the world’s largest on-demand performance monitoring and testing infrastructure for Web and mobile sites comprised of over 7,000 measurement computers and mobile devices in over 275 locations around the world that enable companies to continuously improve the online and mobile experience. Keynote currently collects over 700 million mobile and Web performance measurements daily and in 2012 was recognized by Forbes as “One of the Best 100 Companies in America” with under one billion in revenue. Known as ‘The Mobile and Internet Performance Authority,’ Keynote offers three market-leading product platforms:
Keynote Perspective provides on-demand performance monitoring for enterprise Web and mobile sites including online portals, e-commerce sites and B2B sites. Over 2,000 customers rely on Keynote Perspective services to know precisely how their websites, content, and applications perform on actual browsers, networks, and mobile devices.