Yahoo Stores features ‘automatic’ PCI compliance for secure payments, among other options.
AutoPartsWarehouse.com app designed for growing population of DIYers and online parts purchasers who need easy, quick parts comparison and ordering
CARSON, Calif., April 24, 2013 -- With consumers reporting they are doing their own auto repairs to save money, and purchasing more parts online than three years ago for the same reason,AutoPartsWarehouse.com has created a mobile app to make it even easier and faster for consumers to search for, order and save money buying auto parts, all while on-the-go. The Auto Parts Warehouse app, available in the iTunes and Android App Stores, provides quick access to a catalogue of over two million automobile parts and accessories, instant parts pricing/option comparisons and searches customized to only the parts that fit the consumer's specific vehicle.
"Quick, convenient auto parts searching, ordering and tracking is critical to car owners when their vehicle is in need, whether they are doing their own repairs or purchasing parts for their mechanic to install. We designed the Auto Parts Warehouse app to empower car owners to do at the tap of a fingertip what previously could take hours of phone calls and trips to stores and dealerships," said Shane Evangelist of AutoPartsWarehouse.com. "Plus, the app gives consumers finger-tip access to the cost-saving benefits of online parts purchasing which, we believe, is why over a quarter of a million consumers have already downloaded the app."
The Auto Parts Warehouse app is free and once it is live on their smartphones, consumers can enter their vehicle's information and the app will match their searches with the right parts for their car. Features include:
- Instant access to over 2,000,000 auto parts and accessories, to fit all domestic and foreign makes from top aftermarket manufacturers
- Instant parts comparison shopping /pricing
- Fingertip order tracking
- Direct contact with customer service center
- Parts/vehicle order history
- Secure checkout through AutoPartsWarehouse.com or PayPal
Evangelist noted that the time for an auto parts app has come, citing an aging vehicle population, greater consumer comfort with shopping for parts online, and consumers doing more of their own auto repairs and/or intending to purchase parts to take into the repair shop for installation. According to recent reports:
- 78% are buying more parts online than they were 3-4 years ago
- Over 60% believe they can realize a cost savings of 20% or more by purchasing parts online
- 42% of auto repair DIYers are doing more of their own auto repairs today than they were a year ago
- 70% surveyed said they would purchase a part for installation at the repair shop
Over 300,000 consumers have downloaded the Auto Parts Warehouse app to date. Here are a few of many positive reviews the app has received:
- Customer review - Feb 14, 2013 Great app easy to use. Able to save all your year, make, and model info for future parts orders. Shipping is fast and best of all great pricing. No more trips to a dealer or parts store.
- Customer review - February 21, 2013 Awesome. Did a great job here. This has recently become my go to place for all my car parts. Awesome work on the mobile app.
- Customer review - October 15, 2012 - Good App. Runs amazingly well, and the content is great. Just ordered a new grille, and it has me looking into more parts.
To read more user reviews about the AutoPartsWarehouse.com app and to download the free app on iTunes or the Android store go to: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/auto-parts-warehouse/id513189838?mt=8 orhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apw.ui&hl=en
To download screenshots of the app, go to: http://blog.autopartswarehouse.com/2013/04/22/auto-parts-go-mobile-app-puts-cost-savings-convenience-and-two-million-auto-parts-at-consumer-fingertips/
Established in 1995, AutoPartsWarehouse.com is one of the nation's top online auto parts and accessories retailers and is dedicated to making it easy for consumers to save money by accessing auto parts online. AutoPartsWarehouse.com offers a comprehensive catalogue of over 2 million auto parts and accessories, to fit all domestic and foreign makes from top aftermarket manufacturers. AutoPartsWarehouse.com offers consumers free shipping on orders over $50 as well as flexible payment and extended warranty plans and options. The company has parts warehouses in markets throughout the U.S. enabling rapid shipping of parts.
Contact Media Relations
Melanie Webber, mWEBB Communications, (424) 603-4340, firstname.lastname@example.org
Crystal Hartwell, mWEBB Communications, (714) 987-1016, email@example.com
 2013 DIY Report from AutoMD.com
 The AutoPartsWarehouse.com survey from March 2013 and the 2013 DIY Report from AutoMD.com