For Jack Ma, executive chairman of Alibaba Group Holdings, today is an extremely busy and lucrative day because the company he founded 15 years ...
The enhanced app features greater speed, larger product images and refined search.
Comparison shopping site PriceGrabber has updated its iPhone app with the aim of speeding shoppers to the products they’re seeking and better displaying products throughout the app.
App updates include increased speed for consumers when accessing the PriceGrabber home screen, larger images throughout, straightforward product pages with added details and features, increased number of product images, and refined product searches for improved results.
“The updated iPhone app really focuses on improved usability,” says Tim Fernholtz, mobile product manager at PriceGrabber. “Consumers will be able to find the products they are searching for much easier because of the larger images throughout the app as well as improved product filtering when shoppers conduct research.”
Additional iPhone app features include:
- Scan any product with a bar code and the app will search the product catalog for the best price from thousands of retailers, PriceGrabber says.
- Search by product name, UPC (Universal Product Code, the bar code format widely used on consumer products), manufacturer’s part number, product popularity and other factors.
- Read product reviews from millions of users and experts.
- By entering a postal code, consumers can calculate a product’s BottomLinePrice, as PriceGrabber calls it; this includes shipping and taxes.
- Click directly on a merchant’s web site to make a purchase.
- Save products of interest to a Favorite’s List and come back at another time to make a purchase.
- Play with the Gift Shaker to receive gift suggestions based on category and price.
- Find local deals in more than 160 U.S. metropolitan areas from favorite group-buying sites including LivingSocial, Amazon, Restaurant.com and others.
At PriceGrabber shoppers can find and compare over 80 million products and services across 27 categories with more than 11,000 merchants and sellers, the company says.