Mindy Grossman, CEO of web and TV retailer HSN Inc., has won election as chairman of the board of directors of the NRF Foundation, the nonprofit arm of the National Retail Federation. The foundation provides scholarships and research services.
Grossman’s term runs for two years. The trade group for retailers also includes the Shop.org organization for e-commerce.
HSN is No. 26 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide. Grossman is a keynote speaker at June’s Internet Retailer Conference and Exhibition 2013 in Chicago. She will speak in a session entitled “How boundaryless retail drives 21st century success.”
“With over three decades of retail experience, Mindy is a perfect example of the opportunities that exist within our industry,” says NRF Foundation executive director Ellen Davis.
The NRF Foundation also gained the following board members:
• Bill Brand, executive vice president of programming, marketing and business development, HSN.
• Audrey Robertson, vice president of cultural programs, community relations and social media, The Container Store Inc., No. 299 in the Top 500.
• Anne Voller, vice president of talent acquisition, Macy’s Inc., No. 14.
Additionally, the National Retail Federation said today that Saks Inc. chairman and CEO Stephen Sadove has been elected chairman of the NRF board of directors and chairman of its executive committee. Saks Direct is No. 38 in the Top 500. He succeeds Terry Lundgren, chairman, president and CEO of Macy’s. The Container Store chairman and CEO Kip Tindell was elected first vice chairman of the board, treasurer and chairman of the Finance Committee. Grossman, meanwhile, won election as second vice chair of the board and secretary.
New board members who work for retailers include:
• Beth Aberg, president, Random Harvest Inc.
• Sasha Bopp, CEO, Crate and Barrel, No. 59 in the Top 500
• Brendan Hoffman, president and CEO, Bon-Ton Stores Inc., No 460
• Ravi Saligram, president and CEO, OfficeMax. No 12.