TeleSign's data and authentication products will be integrated and made available to customers of the ReD Shield fraud prevention service.
Edison N.J., Dec. 11 2012 – ReD, a leading global provider of fraud prevention and payment services, has signed a partnership agreement with TeleSign, a market leader in Internet fraud prevention and intelligent phone-based authentication. Under the agreement, TeleSign's data and authentication products will be integrated and made available to customers of the ReD Shield® fraud prevention service.
ReD’s merchant customers will be able to access TeleSign phone identification and verification services from the ReD Shield customer service interface. These services, including TeleSignPhoneID Standard, PhoneID Contact, PhoneID Live and TeleSign Verify, will assist merchants’ fraud verification agents to check information provided as part of an order and more accurately assess the risks associated with individual orders. They will provide cost effective identity checks and help to accelerate authentication on a global level.
Kevin Sprake, ReD president for North America, said: “This is an important and exciting new partnership for ReD. By giving our customers the opportunity to access these award-winning TeleSign services, we are further enabling automated reviews, faster authentication of good customers and more accurate risk assessments. ReD is always looking for ways to enhance the value of our proven ReD Shield service, which, today, is supporting some of the world’s largest merchants. Our partnership with TeleSign is further evidence of our commitment to provide the very best in fraud prevention support to our customers.”
The services in detail include:
TeleSign PhoneID Standard
- Identifies the phone type, including prepaid mobile, VoIP, SKYPE, landline, enabling a more accurate assessment of associated risk
- Ensures that SMS messages are sent only to SMS-enabled phone types
- Geographic information from registration (city, county, state, country, latitude, longitude and time zone)
- Ensures that the phone number provided by a customer is formatted properly, correcting it if necessary. TeleSign AutoFix has been shown to provide a 15-20% lift in transaction throughput by automatically correcting improperly formatted phone numbers.
TeleSign PhoneID Contact
- Enables comparison of address verification service information, including street number and zip code, and/or bill to/ship to information with phone contact information
- Enables cost efficient identity checks in the event of a challenge or review
TeleSign PhoneID Live
- Provides actionable international data points on individual phone numbers, to help mitigate fraud, including:
- Phone subscriber status (active/disconnected)
- Device status (reachable/unreachable)
- Roaming information (roaming status and country)
- Leverages SMS or voice authentication when required and enables the agent to:
- Automate the review process by profiling transactions, automatically sending authentication codes via SMS or voice message.
- Clear an order when a transaction is in the queue for review
- Establish an account during the registration process
- Authenticate for trusted password resets
ReD is a world leader in fraud prevention and payment services. Independent of any card scheme, ReD is present at every stage of the payments value chain, supporting merchants and PSPs, issuers and acquirers, processors and switch networks in the fight against fraud.
As a participating organization of the Board of the PCI DSS Security Standards Council, ReD plays a central role in setting standards for the payments industry.
ReD employs some the world’s leading risk and fraud analysts and gathers data from more than 190 countries. The company serves customers across six continents, from retail, banking, telecommunications, travel, gaming, petroleum and broader e-commerce sectors. ReD has offices in Australia, China, India, Singapore, South Africa, United Kingdom and the United States.
For more information about ReD, please visit: www.redworldwide.com.