The marketplace gives consumers access to more than 300 products created using a 3-D printer.
- Industry-First Retail Integration Feature Lets Kicksend Users Send Prints to Family Members’ Nearest Walgreens, CVS/pharmacy and Target Stores
- New Features and Full Visual Revamp Make It Even Easier for Users to Keep in Touch with Friends and Family
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--Kicksend, a Y Combinator-backed company that helps people share photos privately with their loved ones, today unveiled version 3.0 of its Kicksend app for Android and iPhone, which includes a new “Print to Family” feature and the ability to share an unlimited number of high-res photos with family and friends.
Available as a free download, the Kicksend app includes upgrades and features that simplify the sharing of photos with family and friends around the world. Offering the privacy not afforded by social networks, Kicksend provides the solution to the difficulties many encounter with sending full-resolution photo albums via email or phone.
Among Kicksend 3.0’s new features is Print to Family, a retail integration that enables users to send prints to their family and friends’ nearest printing location. With this launch, Kicksend users are now able to print to CVS/pharmacy and Target stores, in addition to Walgreens, which was previously available. This brings the total number of Kicksend-integrated photo printing locations in the United States to more than 15,000.
With Print to Family, Kicksend users simply select the photos they want to send to their family for printing, at which point recipients receive a notification via SMS text message or email. Recipients then follow the link within the message, order prints in the sizes of their choice and pick up prints at the participating store nearest to them.
Kicksend 3.0 encourages constant sharing and eliminates the need to be tech-savvy through its simple interface. Other new features include:
- Unlimited Photo Sharing – Kicksend users have no limitations on the number of high-resolution photos they can send at one time via the Android or iPhone mobile app and the Kicksend website.
- Share Photo Albums – The latest version saves Kicksend users time by letting them conveniently send and print entire photo albums with a single tap, eliminating the need to tap on each photo individually.
- Smart Album Grouping – Kicksend’s smart dynamic cluster assembles users’ photo libraries into specific albums based on the time and location in which the photos were taken. Users can then share or print these albums with one touch.
- Send Photos to Any Phone – Kicksend users can also send photo albums to friends and family in their phone contacts, who then receive an SMS message inviting them to download and install the Kicksend app to view their photos securely and print to retail stores.
- Set Weekly Reminders – Reminders can be set that automatically remind Kicksend users to send photos on a certain day of the week.
- Photo Conversations – Kicksend users and recipients can now engage in conversations around photos that are shared through the application by commenting on any photo. Users can show their love with the ability to “heart” photos they particularly enjoy. Recipients may also initiate calls to the sender directly from each photo to express their thanks.
- Optimized for Small Groups – Privacy is a priority in the latest update, which lets Kicksend users send photos to selected small groups of people they care about and collaborate around any photo album or photo within the group.
“With Kicksend 3.0, we’ve made the experience of keeping in touch with family through photos even more simple,” said Pradeep Elankumaran, CEO and co-founder of Kicksend. “Now with Print to Family, users have the ability to quickly share hard copies of photos with their loved ones. Our goal is to help people stay in touch more easily, and with this update, Kicksend users both old and new will be delighted to see how effortlessly they can keep everyone in the loop.”
As entrepreneurs living far away from their families, Kicksend’s founders were frustrated with the limited options available for sharing their experiences through photos, along with these options’ accompanying trade-offs – from file size to quality to overall usability. Designed as a better way to share large batches of photos, Kicksend is the complete photo sharing service for sending and printing high-res photos and staying in touch with the people you love.
For more information about Kicksend, please see the following:
- Download the free Kicksend mobile app on Apple’s App Store and Google Play at www.kicksend.com/apps.
- View user testimonials at www.kicksend.com/testimonials.
- View the Kicksend online press kit at http://www.kicksend.com/press.
- Follow Kicksend on Facebook and Twitter.
Kicksend helps people share photos privately with their loved ones, with apps for iPhone, Android and the web. Kicksend was founded in 2011 and is funded by True Ventures with participation from Y Combinator, Digital Garage, SV Angel, Start Fund and Jack Abraham (CEO of Milo.com). Kicksend's offices are located in Mountain View, CA. For more information, visit Kicksend’s website at http://kicksend.com.
Joshua Heath, 801-461-9794
Elise Chambers, 801-461-9776