The social network says it is bringing the look of Facebook’s mobile news feed to desktop users to make its look consistent across desktop ...
Web sales for The Buckle grow 3.7% in the third quarter
Total revenue increased 3.9% and store sales grew 2.4%.
Associate Editor, Research
Apparel chain retailer The Buckle Inc. posted a small uptick in web sales and comparable-store sales in the third quarter.
For the third quarter ended Oct. 27, The Buckle, No. 211 in the 2012 Internet Retailer Top 500, reported:
- Web sales increased year over year 3.7% to $19.6 million from $18.9 million.
- Total revenue grew about 3.9% to $284.1 million from $273.4 million in the third quarter of 2011.
- Comparable-store sales increased 2.4%.
- Net income was $41.9 million compared with $38.3 million in the third quarter of 2011.
The web accounted for 6.9% of total sales in the third quarter, the same as in the third quarter of 2011.
For the first three quarters:
- Web sales increased year over year 10.1% to $55.4 million from $50.3 million.
- Total revenue grew 5.2% to $763.4 million from $725.9 million in the first three quarters of 2011.
- Comparable-store sales increased 3.2%.
- Net income increased 7.9% to $102.9 million from $95.4 million.
The web accounted for 7.3% of total sales in the first three quarters compared with 6.9% in the first three quarters of 2011.