Palo Alto, CA – September 4, 2012 – Revel Touch, a technology innovator in mobile ecommerce, today announced that the Oriental Trading Company iPad app is immediately available to shoppers through iTunes here. Built on the Revel Touch platform, this new tablet experience brings the entire Oriental Trading Company product line beautifully to life on the iPad, and offers the ability to search and browse the company's more than 40,000 products to give customers the robust e-commerce experience they expect.
As part of the new app, Oriental Trading Company is also unveiling a ghoulishly great touch-optimized Halloween shopping experience for tablet that is fun for the whole family. Now kids of all ages can easily find the party supplies, costumes, scary décor, tricks, and treats that will make them stand out this season - with thousands of products just a quick tap, or swipe away - and without the chaos and out-of-stocks of the mall or superstore. Users benefit from several new features that take full advantage of the tablet interface and capabilities, including:
· Flipbook of favorite Halloween costumes in categories ranging from scary to sexy for immediate access to hundreds of dress up costume choices. Easy access to zoom features to see every detail.
· Decorate Your Own Haunted House with Oriental Trading Company’s Halloween décor that will make any house on the block stand out. Choose the scary items you are looking for and then see how they will look in the dark with an in-app light switch!
· Playful and interactive pages that make every jack-o-lantern and giant spider come to life in your hands.
· Decorate Your Table in seconds with a curated selection of table coverings, place settings, centerpieces and more. All items can be purchased in a few touches to quickly and easily create the Halloween look you love.
· Video tips on decorating your home for Halloween from the party experts at Oriental Trading Company.
"As a multi-channel retailer who understands direct-to-consumer, the tablet offers us an incredible opportunity to bring together inspiration and our products in a way that delights our customers and drives our business," said Sam Taylor, CEO of Oriental Trading Company. "Revel Touch's platform and touch-first approach allows us to repurpose our photos and assets into something that is much more engaging, interactive and fun - while giving us the control and integration to supercharge tablet sales. At the end of the day, we are all about providing an outstanding customer experience with an attractive return on investment, and Revel Touch is the partner who can get us there."
Revel Touch is "touch first" in its architecture and design approach, and Oriental Trading Company has placed touch at the center of its customer experience on the tablet. In creating the new app, which is the first in the retail party industry, Oriental Trading Company relied on Revel Touch's flexible platform to create a unique look and feel that is unlike anything else available on the iPad today.
The scalable and efficient Revel Touch platform also introduces several advances that help Oriental Trading Company deliver measurable brand and sales impact. Designed to be easy for a merchandiser to use, the Revel Touch platform features:
· Turnkey solution that leverages existing brand assets, photography and social content for fast publishing to an interactive and engaging touch shopping experience on the tablet as apps or HTML5 browser experiences as well as on smartphones. This ensures rapid deployment and easy updates as the business demands.
· Flexible platform that is totally customizable to a retailer's unique look, feel and business objectives.
· Integration with existing ecommerce systems and product feeds to ensure that shoppers can always browse, search and purchase in-stock items.
· Sophisticated data gathering and intelligence allowing for a personalized and robust shopping experience.
"Retailers like Oriental Trading Company do not want an expensive, siloed tablet app that requires separate processes, infrastructure and engineers," said Mar Hershenson, CEO of Revel Touch. "Revel Touch solves this with a scalable and efficient platform that utilizes existing systems and assets and extends them to new channels in a way that is much more engaging, inspiring and effective. We are very excited to work with Oriental Trading Company to show that the tablet can generate amazing ROI when you take full advantage of all that it has to offer.”
About Revel Touch
Revel Touch is a technology innovator that is defining mobile ecommerce for retailers and consumers by putting touch first in architecture and design. Revel Touch's "merchandising cloud" platform provides a lush, touch-optimized shopping experience for the tablet, whether as apps or HTML5 browser experiences, and for smartphones. The platform integrates with brands' existing ecommerce systems to quickly extend their footprint to their fastest-growing channels, and is designed from the ground up to be extremely quick and easy for a brand to deploy, update and customize. The company, which serves brands ranging from Anthropologie to Conde Nast’s Lucky Magazine to Design Within Reach is privately held with offices in Palo Alto, California. For more information, please visit www.reveltouch.com.