Mobile payments is such a new concept that many in the media continue to inaccurately report what happened this week between Read Now
Online revenue and sales of Sanuk, a newly acquired brand, are driving growth.
Online and total sales are up for footwear maker Deckers Outdoor Corp.
For the quarter ended July 30, 2012, Deckers, No. 161 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, reported:
- A 40.4% increase in e-commerce sales, to $8.0 million from $5.7 million for the same period last year.
- Net sales of $174.4 million, a 13.1% boost from $154.2 in Q2 2011.
- Retail sales increased 25.4% to $25.2 million compared with $20.1 million for the same period last year.
- Same-store sales increased 6.8% for the thirteen weeks ending July 1, 2012 compared to the thirteen weeks ending July 3, 2011.
- Domestic sales grew 37.1% to $113.5 from $82.8 million last year.
- International sales decreased about 14.7% to $61.0 million from $71.5 million in 2011.
- Ugg brand sales decreased 0.4% to $107.9 million from $108.3 million.
- Teva brand sales decreased 15.4% to $34.1 million compared to $40.3 million.
- Sales of Sanuk-branded products were $28.0 million for the second quarter of 2012. Deckers acquired the line of surfer sandals July 1, 2011.
The web comprised about 4.6% of total sales in the second quarter, compared with 3.7% in Q2 of last year.
“We experienced better than expected sales trends in several areas of our business during the second quarter,” says Angel Martinez, president, CEO and board chairman. “Sell-through of the UGG brand in our direct-to-consumer channel was higher than planned; highlighted by an increase in e-commerce sales year over year and a 6.8% same store sales increase.”
For the first six months of 2012, the merchant reported:
- E-commerce sales of about $29.7 million, a 1.7% increase compared with $29.2 million in the first six months of last year.
- Net sales of $420.7 million, a 17.2% jump compared with $359.1 million.
- Retail sales grew 28.6%, to $71.4 million from $55.5 million.
- Domestic sales were $284.1 million, a 12.1% increase over $253.4 million in the first half of last year.
- International sales were $136.7 million, a 6.5% increase compared with $128.3 million.
The online channel comprised 7.1% of total sales in the first half of the year, compared with 8.1% last year.