Revenue from mobile monitoring shot up 42%.
Keynote Systems Inc.’s revenue in the second quarter increased 27% year over year to $30.6 million from $24.1 million, with the greatest percentage gains coming from services provided to mobile web sites. The company provides testing and monitoring services to web sites and mobile sites.
For the three months ending March 31, Keynote further reported:
- Internet revenue totaled $14.4 million, up 12.5% from $12.8 million a year ago.
- Mobile revenue climbed to $16.2 million, up 42.1% from $11.4 million a year ago.
- Net income was down 89.9% to $334,000 in Q2 2012 from $3.3 million a year ago.
For the six months ending March 31, Keynote reported:
- Total revenue of $63.7 million, up 30.3% from $48.9 million a year ago.
- Internet revenue was $29.9 million, up 16.8% from $25.6 million a year ago.
- Mobile revenue was $33.8 million, up 45.1% from $23.3 million a year ago.
- Net income of $4.5 million, down 35.7% from $7.0 million a year ago
Keynote Systems measures 30 representative m-commerce sites exclusively for Internet Retailer to create the weekly Keynote Mobile Commerce Performance Index, and provides site monitoring services to 42 retailers listed in Internet Retailer’s Top 500 Guide.