The search giant today launched an app called Inbox that could force retailers to change their e-mail marketing strategies.
Powered by Usablenet, the Carphone Warehouse mobile site lets consumers review and purchase phones, tablets, plans, accessories and more.
LONDON – March 8, 2012 – Carphone Warehouse, the UK’s largest independent mobile phone retailer, today announced the launch of its first fully optimised mobile site, powered by the leading global technology platform company for mobile and multi-channel customer engagement, Usablenet. This HTML5 mobile site lets customers make purchases, pick plans, add accessories, organize delivery/pick-up – and even complete credit checks – all while on-the-go.
Features of The Carphone Warehouse mobile site include:
- Find store near me: locates the nearest store either by GPS detection or postal code.
- Deal finder: offers extensive filters to help customers quickly drill down to the cost appropriate phones, tablets, plans, and/or packages.
- Extensive search options: lets users swiftly narrow, isolate and purchase desired items.
- Expandable menus: make it faster to navigate the myriad of options on small screens.
- Full mcommerce capabilities: customers can complete transactions via a variety of payment options including direct debit.
“Over 15% of our desktop site traffic had been coming from mobile users, so we recognized the need to deliver an optimised experience for these customers” said Victoria Self, Carphone Warehouse Director of eCommerce.”Within the first couple days of going live, we saw a major spike in traffic and achieved a conversion rate of nearly half of our desktop rate – a great achievement. We were thrilled and will continue enhancing the site to deliver the best mobile experience to our customers.”
“Kelkoo’s recent study shows the British being the biggest mobile shoppers in Europe, with UK m-commerce set to increase 584% in 2012, said Nick Taylor, CEO of Usablenet. “Our experience in the market bears witness to this, as our UK clients continue to drive mobile and multi-channel innovations. Carphone Warehouse’s commitment to delivering the best mobile shopping experience will establish them amongst the market leaders in the space.”
The Usablenet platform is one of the driving forces behind mobile commerce in UK and Europe, with several recent launches of mobile-commerce sites including Boots, Mothercare, Tesco, JD Sports, O2, and Marks & Spencer.
About Carphone Warehouse
• Carphone Warehouse is the largest independent mobile phone retailer in the UK, with over 800 stores nationwide
• Discover how to get more from your gadgets with eye openers from Carphone Warehouse. Eye openers is a YouTube channel which features videos of Carphone Warehouse team members sharing useful hints and tips on everything from laptops to Sat Navs to the latest mobile phones. With new videos being added each month, users can search through hundreds of videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeopeners.
* In 2006 Best Buy established a partnership with Carphone Warehouse to bring its business model and mobile phone expertise to the US market under the banner ‘Best Buy Mobile’. Two years later, Best Buy acquired 50% of The Carphone Warehouse’s European and US retail interests for £1.1billion, creating Best Buy Europe. The joint venture now encompasses the following retail and technical support brands: The Carphone Warehouse, The Phone House and Geek Squad.
Usablenet is a global technology leader for mobile and multichannel customer engagement that works with 20% of the Fortune 1000. Usablenet's transformative technology platform empowers leading companies in all sectors to extend their brand to consumers across multiple channels, including mobile phones, apps, tablets, Facebook, in-store kiosks, and other platforms. Usablenet is recognized by Fast Company magazine as one of the top 10 most innovative companies in mobile, and was named the number one mobile commerce platform by ABI Research. In April 2011, it launched the industry’s first HTML5 mobile platform. Usablenet customers include Boots, British Airways, Delta, Estée Lauder, FedEx, JD Sports, John Lewis, Hilton, Marks & Spencer, and others. Founded in 2000, Usablenet is a private company headquartered in New York City with offices in Italy, London and LA. For more information, visit www.usablenet.com.