As part of a plan to cut costs by $500 million, Staples says it plans to close up to 225 North American stores by ...
Kiddicare.com Bolsters its Management Team
Morrisons has moved four of its senior directors into its wholly-owned subsidiary Kiddicare, a UK-based online baby products shop.
Morrisons has moved four of its senior directors into its wholly-owned subsidiary Kiddicare, the UK’s leading online baby shop, as it continues to grow.
Kiddicare is bolstering its management team as it prepares to launch a full multi-channel experience.
The company has already recruited industry leaders from Mothercare, Moda in Pelle, Autotrader and Boots as it prepares to grow.
In all, four Morrisons directors will be moving in to Kiddicare:
- Hilary Leam becomes Commercial Director at Kiddicare after being Director for Health, Beauty and Household at Morrisons
- Grant Henley becomes Operations Director at Kiddicare after being Business Development Director at Morrisons
- Simon Eastwood becomes Retail Stores Director at Kiddicare after being Customer Experience Director at Morrisons
- Mandy Flatley becomes HR Director at Kiddicare after being HR Director (Corporate) at Morrisons
The external senior hires recruited include:
- Alison Brown joins Kiddicare as Finance Director from the FD role at Mothercare International
- Retail design consultant Lara Snider joins as Head of Creative
- Ken Platt joins as Head of Multichannel from Moda in Pelle
- Paul Allen joins as Head of E-commerce from Boots.com
- Jody Goodall joins as Head of Solutions Architecture from Autotrader
Some 700 new jobs will be created as Kiddicare expands.
Dalton Philips, Chief Executive of Morrisons, said: “We have massive ambitions for Kiddicare and it’s vital that we have the depth of talent in the management team to deal with a major expansion. That’s why we are putting in place some of our most talented people.
“We’re building a true multi-channel business over the next 12 months and we now have the management team to do it. The senior people joining us today ensure that we are ready to develop the best shopping experience for new parents in the UK.”
A network of stores formerly run by Best Buy will extend the multi-channel offer currently led from Kiddicare’s existing flagship store in Peterborough – the largest baby store in Europe.
Morrisons is the UK’s fourth largest food retailer with 476 stores and our business is mainly food and grocery - the weekly shop. Uniquely we source and process most of the fresh food that we sell through our own manufacturing facilities, giving us close control over provenance and quality. We only sell 100% British fresh beef, lamb, pork and poultry and we have more people preparing more food in store than any other retailer including butchers, bakers and fishmongers. Every week, 11.5 million customers pass through our doors and more than 132,000 colleagues across the business work hard each day to deliver great service to them. With competitive prices and hundreds of special offers, we are proud to save our customers money every day.