In its second-largest acquisition, Amazon buys the company for $970 million.
Consumer-to-consumer sharing on e-commerce sites has proven to drive significant uplift in referral traffic.
SAN MATEO, Calif., Feb. 22, 2012 — Sociable Labs™, a leading provider of on-site social commerce solutions, today announced the general availability of EverShare™, the first all-in-one solution for frictionless sharing and social curation for online retailers, leveraging Facebook’s frictionless sharing initiatives including Open Graph publishing, Ticker and Timeline.
Consumer-to-consumer sharing on ecommerce sites has proven to drive significant uplift in referral traffic, converting at much higher rates than other social media marketing efforts (250-300 percent higher). At the same time, the dramatic rise of socially-curated sites such Pinterest (traffic increased from 1.7 million in September 2011 to 11 million in January 2012) and Fab.com (reached 1 million members in just five months and 2 million members two months later) has demonstrated the power of social curation to merchandise products in dynamic ways. EverShare combines the power of frictionless sharing and social curation to drive dramatic increases in referral traffic (from frictionless) and on-site conversion (from socially curated content).
One of Sociable’s first EverShare customers, Charlotte Russe is integrating EverShare’s functionality across its ecommerce site to engage its customer base. “Our customers use Facebook to manage every aspect of their lives, from announcing a new boyfriend to making plans for a girls’ night out,” said Paul Hollowell, marketing manager at Charlotte Russe. “EverShare, for the first time, allows us to seamlessly integrate Facebook conversations about Charlotte Russe into our website, enhancing the shopping experience with social elements.”
“There’s a real convergence happening in the retail space,” said Nisan Gabbay, CEO of Sociable Labs. “Facebook has widened the user sharing pipeline and social curation has captivated the interest of shoppers for discovering and sharing new products. The two together will have a profound impact on how retailers merchandise their products in the future.”
EverShare provides everything a retailer needs to take full advantage of frictionless sharing on both Facebook and the ecommerce site while removing the hassle of maintaining Facebook APIs. The full suite of sharing and merchandising applications on the ecommerce site will help shoppers better discover and buy each time they visit.
EverShare comprises the following components:
- Connector – To take advantage of Facebook’s frictionless sharing capabilities that drive dramatic increases in social sharing, Connector links sites to Facebook frictionless APIs and initiates and manages the perpetual flow of user content from the site to Facebook Timelines and Tickers.
- ShareSwitch - Critical to broad user adoption of frictionless sharing, users need robust privacy controls they can trust. Sociable Labs prominently displays privacy status and user controls directly on the sharing applications, giving users the ability to opt-in or out and hide or delete shared content at any time.
- Gallery - Gallery provides a dynamic discovery experience for shoppers. Gallery is a social merchandising page or section that dynamically displays the latest trending products on the ecommerce site and what users’ friends and other shoppers are saying about these products.
- Activity Stream – Capturing the increase in shared content from frictionless sharing, Activity Stream displays shopper activities and purchases in either list or hero formats to personalize and socialize the retail site for each shopper. Activity Stream applications act both as merchandising modules that drive conversion and sharing motivators that drive more shoppers to share.
- Activity Alerts – An additional referral channel through Facebook, Activity Alerts notify shoppers’ friends of activities and purchases through Facebook Notifications. Facebook Notifications along with Tickers will generate a steady stream of product-related comments, driving complementary traffic back to the ecommerce site.
Sociable Labs will be demonstrating EverShare at Etail West in Palm Springs on February 27 – March 1. For more information about EverShare, go to www.SociabeLabs.com/EverShare.
About Sociable Labs
Sociable Labs helps online retailers maximize social sharing, referral traffic and conversions by optimizing the mix and design of its suite of social applications on ecommerce websites. At the core of the Sociable Labs solution is a test-and-learn ROI platform proven to deliver social sharing up to 20 times greater than Facebook Likes, and conversion rates up to 300 percent higher than Facebook fan page traffic. Sociable Labs is a privately held company based in San Mateo, Calif. Customers include Rue La La, Backcountry, Charlotte Russe, HauteLook and Chegg. Investors include Battery Ventures, Facebook/fbFund and Javelin Venture Partners. For more information about Sociable Labs, please visit www.sociablelabs.com.