O.co Travel customers will have access to a robust collection of travel services from the Priceline Partner Network.
SALT LAKE CITY, Jan. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Overstock.com Inc. (NASDAQ: OSTK), today announced that it has selected the Priceline Partner Network, which is a business unit of priceline.com (Nasdaq: PCLN), to power Overstock's new travel website, called O.co Travel.
O.co Travel customers will have access to a robust collection of travel services from the Priceline Partner Network, including:
- Priceline's Name Your Own Price® travel services that can deliver savings of up to 60% off hotel rooms, up to 40% off flights and up to 40% off rental cars;
- The ability to book published-price hotel rooms through thousands of quality chain and independent hotels around the world. O.co Travel customers also will have access to Priceline's extensive database of hotel freebies, including instant discounts, free breakfast, free Internet access, and more;
- The ability to book rental car reservations worldwide. O.co Travel will also support rental car company discount codes;
- Airline ticketing with almost all major airlines through priceline.com. This service includes seat mapping, the ability to book different classes of seats, and it supports airline frequent flier numbers,
- A broad lineup of money-saving air & hotel vacation packages. When air and hotel are booked together, customers can save up to $500 compared to booking separately.
"Our partnership with priceline.com allows us to offer customers an in-depth travel site," said Overstock.com President Jonathan Johnson. "We constant receive customer feedback and tailor our offerings to these customer preferences. With Priceline's lineup of travel services, including Name Your Own Price, our customers can be sure they're getting the best travel deals available on the Internet today."
"Overstock.com has built a brand that's known for saving consumers money across a broad spectrum of products," said Randy Schartner, President of the Priceline Partner Network. "We believe that Priceline's broad array of travel services, which are also focused on delivering savings, will fit well with Overstock.com's products and mission. We look forward to working with them."
Overstock.com is Your Savings Engine offering brand-name products. The company offers its customers an opportunity to shop for bargains conveniently, while offering its suppliers an alternative inventory distribution channel. Overstock.com, headquartered in Salt Lake City, is a publicly traded company listed on the NASDAQ Global Market System and can be found online at http://www.overstock.com and http://www.o.co. Overstock.com regularly posts information about the company and other related matters on its website under the heading "Investor Relations."
About The Priceline Partner Network
The Priceline Partner Network (PPN) http://www.pricelinepartnernetwork.com is the private-label distribution channel for priceline.com travel services. Working behind the scenes, PPN powers travel websites for a spectrum of affinity groups, airlines and hotel management firms and chains. PPN believes that it offers the most customizable private-label travel affiliate program on the market today. PPN's private-label services include hotels, flights, rental cars, flight & hotel packages, and priceline.com's famous Name Your Own Price travel services for hotels, airline tickets and rental cars.
About The Priceline Group
The Priceline Group (Nasdaq: PCLN) is a leader in global online hotel reservations, with over 200,000 participating hotels worldwide. The Group is composed of four primary brands – Booking.com, priceline.com, Agoda.com and TravelJigsaw – and several ancillary brands. The Priceline Group provides online travel services in over 140 countries in Europe, North America, South America, the Asia-Pacific region, the Middle East and Africa.
Booking.com is the number one online hotel reservation service in the world, offering over 170,000 hotels (as of November 7, 2011), and is available in 41 languages. More recent hotel counts are available on the Booking.com website. Priceline.com gives leisure travelers multiple ways to save on their airline tickets, hotel rooms, rental cars, vacation packages and cruises. In addition to getting compelling published prices, travelers can take advantage of priceline.com's famous Name Your Own Price® service, which can deliver the lowest prices available. Agoda.com is an Asia-based online hotel reservation service that is available in 37 languages. TravelJigsaw is a multinational car hire service, offering its reservation services in over 4,000 locations. Customer support is provided in 29 languages.