Though much more yes than no, experts find. While Apple remains cagey about new privacy protections in iOS 8, experts say retailers can indeed ...
The specialty apparel chain retailer also reported 21% total sales growth.
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. reported strong sales across the board for the third quarter and first nine months of fiscal 2011.
For the quarter ended Oct. 29, Abercrombie & Fitch, No. 56 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, reported:
- E-commerce sales increased 41% to $132.4 million from about $94.0 million in the third quarter of 2010, based on Internet Retailer calculations. Abercrombie includes shipping and handling in direct-to-consumer sales.
- Total sales were $1.07 billion, a 21% increase from $885.8 million.
- Comparable-store sales increased 7%.
Internet Retailer estimates the web accounted for 12.4% of total sales compared with 10.6% in the third quarter of 2010.
The company did not include Q3 or year-to-date earnings in its Q3 sales report, but plans to do so in its full report on Nov. 16.
For the first nine months:
- Web sales, including shipping and handling, increased about 34.1% to $340.3 million from about $253.7 million in the same period last year.
- Total sales were $2.8 billion, a 22% increase from $2.3 billion.
- Comparable-store sales increased 8%.
Internet Retailer estimates the web accounted for 12.2% of total sales through three quarters, compared with 11.0% in the prior year period.