In its second-largest acquisition, Amazon buys the company for $970 million.
But total sales and net income declined.
World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. posted web sales increases for the third quarter and first nine months of 2011.
For the third quarter ended September 30, World Wrestling, No. 469 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, reported:
- E-commerce revenue increased 14.3% to $3.2 million from $2.8 million in the third quarter of 2010.
- Total sales were $108.5 million, down by 1.0% from $109.6 million in the prior year quarter.
- Net income was $10.6 million, down 25.9% from $14.3 million.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 2.9% of total sales in the third quarter compared with 2.6% in Q3 of 2010.
For the first nine months:
- E-commerce sales increased 14.6% to $9.4 million from $8.2 million in the same period of 2010.
- Total sales grew about 4.5% to $371.0 million from $355.1 million.
- Net income was $33.5 million, down 26.0% from net income of $45.3 million in the prior year period.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 2.5% of total sales in the first nine months of 2011 compared with 2.3% in the same period last year.