The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus introduced today offer larger screens, mobile wallets, wireless payment technology, faster processors, higher screen resolutions and more. ...
New Mobile App Allows Customers to Shop, Bag, and Tally Their Grocery Order With Their Personal iPhone® and Android™ Devices
QUINCY, Mass., Oct. 25, 2011 -- The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC announced today the expanded availability of SCAN IT! Mobile – a first of its kind grocery app that allows customers to use their personal mobile device to scan, tally, and bag their groceries while they shop.
First introduced last June for iPhone® 3GS and 4G in three stores, SCAN IT! Mobile is now also available for many Android™ devices which will double the reach of customers. In addition, the pilot will expand to an additional 42 Stop & Shop stores in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut.
A natural transition from the in-store handheld SCAN IT! device currently in use across 350 Stop & Shop stores, SCAN IT! Mobile provides shoppers with the industry's first fully integrated in-store mobile experience where they can scan, tally and bag their groceries. SCAN IT! Mobile also provides personalized, relevant and specific offers to shoppers based on their location in-store and purchase history. Customers can anticipate potential savings of $250-500 each year, based upon receiving 8-10 targeted coupons per shopping trip.
"We are excited to introduce our in-store mobile shopping experience to more Stop & Shop stores and Android customers, given the positive feedback we've received from customers that have used SCAN IT! Mobile and enjoy the ability to shop and scan with their smartphone," said Mark McGowan, president, Stop & Shop New England Division. "From quick convenience trips to full grocery shops, SCAN IT! Mobile allows customers to scan their own items, bag as they go, and see a running total of their purchases, making the shopping experience even more valuable for our on-the-go customers."
Stop & Shop first announced the SCAN IT! Mobile pilot in three Massachusetts Stop & Shop stores in Quincy (65 Newport Ave.), Braintree (300 Grove St.), and Plymouth (127 Samoset St/Rte. 44).
With this recent expansion, the app is currently available in an additional 19 stores and is being rolled out to another 23 stores in the coming weeks. By the end of 2011, no fewer than 45 Stop & Shop supermarkets will be fully operational with SCAN IT! Mobile.
* 495 Southern Artery, Quincy, MA, 02169
* 700 Middle Street, East Weymouth, MA, 02189
* 400 Chief Justice Cushing Highway, Cohasset, MA, 02025
* 400 Lincoln Street, Hingham, MA, 02043
* 468 Washington Street, Norwell, MA, 02061
* 160 Summer Street, Kingston, MA, 02364
* 475 Bedford Street, Whitman, MA, 02382
* 125 Church Street, Pembroke, MA, 02359
* 375 Centre Avenue, Abington, MA, 02351
* 290 Turnpike Road, Route 9, Westborough, MA, 01581
* 32 Lyman Street, Westborough, MA, 01581
* 100 Worcester Street, Grafton, MA, 01519
* 539-571 Boston Turnpike, Shrewsbury, MA, 01545
* 100 Charlton Road, Sturbridge, MA, 01566
* 940 West Boylston Street, Worcester, MA, 01605
* Timpany Plaza/Route 68, Gardner, MA, 01440
* 100 Powder Mill Road, Acton, MA, 01720
* Route 85-10 Technology Drive, Hudson, MA, 01749
* 275 Warwick Avenue, Cranston, RI, 02920
Available in the coming weeks
* 141 Main Street, Foxborough, MA, 02035
* Rt.9/829 Worcester Street, Natick, MA, 01760
* 109 Taunton Street, Plainville, MA, 02762
* 196 East Main Street, Route 16, Milford, MA, 01757
* 70 Pulaski Boulevard, Bellingham, MA, 02019
* 19 Temple Street, Framingham, MA, 01701
* Perry & Pleasant Streets, Route 123, Attleboro, MA, 02703
* 377 Chauncy Street, Mansfield, MA, 02048
* 235 Old Connecticut Path, Framingham, MA, 01701
* 206 E. Washington Street, N. Attleboro, MA, 02763
* Rt. 140 W. Central Street, Franklin, MA, 02038
* 251 Washington Street, Attleboro, MA, 02703
* 91 Voluntown Road., N. Stonington, CT, 06379
* 900 Tiogue Avenue, Coventry, RI, 02816
* 200 Atwood Ave, Cranston, RI, 02920
* 204 Garfield Avenue, Cranston, RI, 02901
* 91 Point Judith Road, Narragansett, RI, 02882
* 1500 Ten Rod Road, North Kingstown, RI, 02852
* 90 Frenchtown Road, North Kingstown, RI, 02852
* 3 Stilson Road, Route 138, Richmond, RI, 02898
* 2470 Warwick Avenue, Warwick, RI, 02889
* 575 Greenwich Ave, Warwick, RI, 02886
* 149 Franklin Street, Route 1, Westerly, RI, 02891
Customers are also advised to check the model of their Android™ device to ensure compatibility for the SCAN IT! Mobile app. The app has been validated on the following Android 2.2 devices: Nexus One, Motorola Droid1, Samsung Galaxy, and HTC Thunderbolt 4G.
The SCAN IT! Mobile software was developed in partnership with Modiv Media, a mobile marketing solutions company based in Quincy, Mass. Through the partnership with Modiv Media, Stop & Shop continues to improve its shopping experience by making grocery trips more valuable, personalized and convenient.
Stop & Shop will continue to evaluate timing to roll out the app throughout more stores across the chain in 2012. Shoppers can download the app for free at stopandshop.com/scanitmobile, the Apple® App Store, or the Android™ Market today.
About Stop & Shop
The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC employs approximately 62,000 associates and operates nearly 400 stores throughout Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, New York, and New Jersey. The company helps support local communities fight hunger, combat childhood cancer, and promotes general health and wellness – with emphasis on children's educational and support programs. In its commitment to be a sustainable company, Stop & Shop is a member of the U.S. Green Building Council and EPA's Smart Way program; has been awarded LEED (EB) certifications for 50 of its existing stores; and has been recognized by the EPA for the superior energy management of its stores. Stop & Shop is an Ahold company. To learn more about Stop & Shop, visit www.stopandshop.com.
iPhone and Apple are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
SOURCE The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC
CONTACT: Judi Palmer, Stop & Shop New England, +1-617-774-4429, email@example.com; or Anne Moulin, For Stop & Shop, +1-617-520-7126, firstname.lastname@example.org