Shoes.com accounted for 2.3% of total sales at parent company Brown Shoe.
E-commerce sales were down slightly for Shoes.com Inc., a unit of Brown Shoe Co., in the second quarter.
For the second quarter ended July 30, Brown Shoe reported:
- Sales from Shoes.com decreased 3.4% to about $14.3 million from $14.8 million in the second quarter of 2010.
- Total sales increased year over year 7.2% to $628.1 million from $585.8 million.
- Specialty retail sales increased 1.2% to $60.5 million from $59.8 million.
- Same-store sales increased 0.2%
- Net loss was $4.6 million compared with net earnings of $5.3 million.
Internet Retailer calculates Shoes.com, No. 137 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, accounted for 2.3% of total sales, compared with 2.5% in the prior year.
For the first two quarters:
- Sales for Shoes.com increased 3.2% to about $31.8 million from $30.8 million in the first two quarters of 2010.
- Total sales increased year over year 5.9% to $1.25 billion from $1.18 billion.
- Specialty retail sales decreased 0.2% to $120.3 million from $120.6 million.
- Net loss was $900,000 compared with net earnings of $15.3 million.
Internet Retailer calculates Shoes.com accounted for 2.5% of total sales, compared with 2.6% in the prior year. In the second quarter Brown Shoe acquired American Sporting Goods Corp., which manufactures athletic footwear brands And1, Avia and Ryka, for $145 million.