The web grew 27.7% while total revenue increased 31.4%.
Deckers Outdoor Corp., which makes and sells Ugg boots and other footwear brands, got the New Year off to a good start online.
For the first quarter ended March 31, Deckers, No. 170 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, reported:
- Web sales increased 27.7% to $23.5 million compared to $18.4 million in the first quarter of 2010.
- Total sales grew 31.4% to $204.9 compared to $155.9 million.
- Retail sales increased 53.2% to $35.4 million compared to $23.1 million.
- Same-store sales rose 2.6%.
- Net income grew 7.3% to $19.2 million from $17.9 in the first quarter of 2010.
Internet Retailer calculates that the web made up 11.5% of total revenue in Q1, compared with 11.8% in the prior year.
Deckers credits the launch of a new e-commerce site in the United Kingdom and higher demand for Ugg boots for the growth in web sales. “We delivered a good start to the year,” says CEO Angel Martinez.