The app displays eyewear on a virtual model of a consumer’s head. The app has been downloaded nearly one million times, taking the e-retailer ...
E-commerce sales rise for a pair of Blyth brands in fiscal 2011
Online sales at Miles Kimball and PartyLite grew 5.7% and 62.7%, respectively.
Web sales at two of its e-commerce brands rose in fiscal 2011, but full-year sales declined for Blyth Inc.
For the year ended Jan. 31, Blyth, a designer and direct marketer of home fragrance, home décor and household convenience products, reported.
- E-commerce sales at Miles Kimball Co. increased 5.7% to $47.9 million from $45.3 million in fiscal 2010.
- E-commerce sales at PartyLite increased 62.7% to $17.9 million from $11 million in fiscal 2010.
- Total catalog and Internet sales, which also includes other brands such as As We Change, Easy Comfort, Exposures, Home Marketplace and Walter Drake, decreased year over year 3.7% to $159.9 million from $166.0 million.
- Total sales decreased 6% to $900.9 million from $958.0 million in fiscal 2010.
- Net earnings increased 44.6% to $25.6 million from $17.7 million in fiscal 2010.
Internet Retailer calculates that the $65.8 million combined web sales of Miles Kimball and PartyLite accounted for 7.3% of all sales in fiscal 2011, while the $56.3 million in web sales accounted for 5.9% of total sales in fiscal 2010.
For the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011, Blyth, No. 258 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide didn’t break out web sales, but did report:
- Total catalog and Internet sales decreased year over year about 1.2% to $57.3 million from $58 million.
- Total sales declined 6% to $303.3 million from $322.4 million in Q4 fiscal 2010.
- Net earnings decreased 44.3% to $17.7 million from $31.8 million in Q4 fiscal 2010.