Even with a new lease on life, Linens ‘N Things online faces a tough fight.
Web sales climb 21% for Brown Shoe in 2010
E-commerce accounted for 4.8% of total revenue.
E-commerce gained traction across multiple brands for shoe manufacturer Brown Shoe Co. in 2010.
In previous years, Brown Shoe only broke out web sales for Shoes.com Inc., No. 182 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide.
But for the year ended Jan. 29, Brown Shoe reported:
- E-commerce sales for all brands, which include Shoes.com and FamousFootwear.com, grew 21% year over year to about $120 million from about $99.2 million.
- Sales for Shoes.com increased 14.4% to about $77.9 million from $68.1 million in 2009.
- Total sales increased year over year 11.6% to $2.50 billion from $2.24 billion in 2009.
- Net earnings grew 255.8% to $37.0 million from $10.4 million in 2009.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 4.8% of total sales compared with 4.4% in 2009.
"2010 represented a very solid year of growth for our company,” says Brown Shoe chief operating officer Diane Sullivan.
For the fourth quarter, Brown Shoe didn’t break out e-commerce sales, but did report:
- Total sales increased year over year 6.8% to $604.5 million from $565.9 million in 2009.
- Net earnings decreased 31.9% to $3.2 million from $4.7 million.