Williams-Sonoma Inc produced a banquet of good results in 2010, with the tastiest coming online.
For the year ended Jan. 30, Williams-Sonoma Inc., No. 26 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, reported:
- Web sales increased year over year 26.2% to $1.19 billion from $943 million.
- Total sales increased 14.2% to $3.54 billion from $3.10 billion in 2009.
- Retail sales grew year over year 9.6% to $2.05 billion from $1.87 billion.
- Direct sales grew 18.9% to $1.45 billion from $1.22 billion.
- Net earnings increased 158.7% to $200.2 million from $77.4 million.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 33.6% of total sales in 2010 compared with 30.4% in 2009.
“We are particularly pleased with the progress we made in merchandising, marketing, customer acquisition and customer service, as it is these competitive advantages that allowed us to attract new customers to our brands and gain profitable market share all year, including Internet revenue growth of 27%,” says CEO Laura Alber.
For the fourth quarter:
- Web sales increased year over year 27.2% to $393 million from $309 million.
- Total sales increased 9.2% to $1.19 billion from $1.09 billion in Q4 2009.
- Retail sales grew year over year 5.3% to $729 million from $692.1 million.
- Comparable-store sales increased 5.2%.
- Direct sales grew 17.2% to $466.5 million from $398 million in Q4 2009.
- Net earnings increased 28.3% to $113.4 million from $88.4 million in Q4 2009.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 33.0% of total sales in the fourth quarter of 2010 compared with 28.3% in Q4 2009.