The Top 500 retailer buys Campus Deals, which offers mobile coupons to college students.
Deckers’ web sales grow 21% in 2010
Total sales for the footwear manufacturer also leaped ahead by 23%.
Senior Editor, Research
Footwear manufacturer Deckers Outdoor Corp. got a big boost in web sales in the final quarter of 2010, capping a strong year overall for the company whose major brands include UGG and Teva.
For the full year ended Dec. 31, 2010, Deckers, No. 170 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, reported:
- Web sales increased 21.3% to $91.8 million compared to $75.7 million in 2009.
- Total sales grew about 23% to $1.0 billion compared to $813.2 million in 2009.
- Retail sales increased 59% to $125.6 million compared to $79.0 million in 2009
- Same-store sales rose 16.6%.
- Net income grew 37.1% to $160.3 million from $116.9 in 2009.
Internet Retailer calculates that the web made up 9.2% of total revenue in 2010, compared with 9.3% in 2009.
“We are extremely pleased that the growth strategies we have implemented resulted in record sales for both the UGG and Teva brands in 2010,” says Angel Martinez, president and CEO. “More importantly, our overall business has diversified in terms of distribution, seasonality and geographies—trends we anticipate will continue, fueled by product innovation, company-owned retail expansion, and the growth of our international wholesale operations.”
For the fourth quarter, Deckers reported:
- Web sales increased 29.6% to $59.5 million compared to $45.9 million in the fourth quarter of 2009.
- Total sales increased 23.6% to $430.1 million compared with $348.0 million.
- Retail sales increased 55.4% to $72.4 million compared to $46.6 million in the prior year quarter.
- Same-store sales rose 11.6%.
- Net income grew 34.3% to $91.3 million from $68.0 million the fourth quarter in 2009.
Internet Retailer calculates that the web made up 13.8% of total revenue in 2010, compared with 13.2% in 2009.