PetSmart acquired Pet360 for $130 million in cash and up to $30 million more in future performance-based payments.
The web accounted for 43.1% of growth across all channels.
Shoppers at Ann Taylor Stores Corp. clearly preferred shopping online in the third quarter.
In the third quarter ended Oct. 30, Ann Taylor, No. 122 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide reported:
• Total e-commerce sales of $50.8 million, a 57.3% increase from $32.3 million in the third quarter of 2009.
• Web sales for the Ann Taylor Stores brand reached $24.1 million, a 53.5% increase from $15.7 million in the prior year’s third quarter.
• Online sales for Ann Taylor Loft were $26.7 million, up by 60.8% from $16.6 million in the third quarter of 2009.
• Comparable-store sales at Ann Taylor increased by 21.9% and 4.5% for the Loft brand.
• Total sales were $505.3 million, a 9.3% increase from $462.4 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2009.
• Net income was $24.2 million, compared with net income of about $2.1 million in the prior year.
“The Ann Taylor brand delivered meaningful gains across all of its channels,” says CEO Kay Krill.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 10.1% of total sales compared with 7% in the previous year. Internet Retailer also calculates the web accounted for 43.1%—$18.5 million—of Ann Taylor’s total growth in sales of $42.9 million.
For the first nine months of the year, Ann Taylor also reported:
• Total e-commerce sales were $129.0 million, a 50% increase from $86 million in the prior year.
• Web sales for Ann Taylor Stores were $62.4 million, a 42.5% increase from $43.8 million in the prior year.
•Online sales for Ann Taylor Loft were $66.6 million, up by 56.7% from $42.5 million.
• Total sales were $1.46 billion, a 7.4% increase from $1.36 billion in the prior year.
Net income was $65.4 million, compared with a net loss of $18.2 million in the prior year.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 8.8% of total sales for the first three quarters compared with 6.3% in the previous year. For the first three quarters, Internet Retailer also calculates the web accounted for 43% in Ann Taylor’s year-to-date total sales growth of about $100 million.