For Jack Ma, executive chairman of Alibaba Group Holdings, today is an extremely busy and lucrative day because the company he founded 15 years ...
Internet sales increased year over year 27.4% to $81.4 million.
Web sales at Abercrombie & Fitch Co. trended higher in the third quarter at a healthy rate.
For the third quarter ended Oct. 30, Abercrombie, No. 65 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, reported:
- Web sales increased year over year 27.4% to $81.4 million from $63.9 million.
- Total sales grew 17.5% to $885.8 million from $753.7 million in the third quarter of 2009.
- Comparable-store sales increased 7%.
- Net income increased 28.9% to $50.0 million from $38.8 million.
“Our domestic business has continued to improve and our direct-to-consumer business is posting very strong growth,” says CEO Mike Jeffries.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 9.2% of total sales compared with 8.5% in the third quarter of 2009.
For the first nine months:
- Abercrombie did not break out year-to-date web sales. Based on figures previously released for each quarter, Internet Retailer calculates web sales increased year over year 35.6% to $219.2 million from $161.7 million in the first three quarters of 2009.
- Total sales grew to 16.1% to $2.31 billion from $1.99 billion.
- Net income was $57.7 million compared with a net loss of $47.2 million in the first three quarters of 2009.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted 9.5% of total sales compared with 8.1% in the prior year.