Roger Hardy, who in February sold web-only eyewear company Coastal Contacts for $385.7 million, will consolidate OnlineShoes.com and ShoeMe.ca.
The web grew 3.6% as total sales rose 21.7% for the footwear manufacturer.
It was a good third quarter overall for Deckers Outdoor Corp., No. 170 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, but web sales only grew modestly for the footwear manufacturer.
For the third quarter ended Sept. 30, Deckers reported:
- Web sales of $8.7 million, an increase of 3.6% from $8.4 million in the third quarter of 2009.
- Total sales increased 21.7% to $277.9 million from $228.4 million.
- Retail store sales increased 64.2% to $20.2 million from $12.3 million in the third quarter of 2009.
- Same-store sales increased 17.9%.
- Net income increased year over year 24% to $41.9 million from $33.8 million.
“The strong performance of our new fall lines helped fuel sales gains across each of our distribution channels and geographic regions compared to the third quarter of last year,” says CEO Angel Martinez.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 3.1% in the second quarter compared with 3.7% in the prior year.
For the first three quarters, Deckers also achieved :
- Web sales of $32.4 million, an increase of 8.7% from $29.8 million in the first nine months of 2009.
- Total sales increased 22.7% to $570.9 million from $465.2 million.
- Net income increased year over year 41.1% to $69 million from $48.9 million.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 5.7% in the second quarter compared with 6.4% in the prior year.