Sales from mobile devices increased 101% in the first quarter compared to the same quarter last year for more than 350 retailer clients of ...
CVS/pharmacy complements its m-commerce site with a new iPhone app
The app enables customers to manage prescriptions, plan shopping trips and schedule flu shots.
Managing Editor, Mobile Commerce
CVS/pharmacy has launched a free iPhone app that offers shoppers on the go tools available on CVS.com, including managing prescriptions, planning shopping trips and scheduling a flu shot.
The app, which complements the merchant’s m-commerce site and another iPhone app dedicated solely to prescription refills, offers a variety of features and functions, enabling customers to:
- Find nearby CVS/pharmacy locations using the GPS-based store locator with integrated driving directions and maps.
- Refill prescriptions from a personalized prescription history for pickup at any CVS/pharmacy.
- Access the CVS.com Drug Information Center to retrieve details about medication management including instructions for use, dosing information, side effects and safety warnings.
- View and manage the sales circular to create a custom shopping list and identify weekly deals.
- Schedule a flu shot at any CVS/pharmacy location.
“We have introduced the CVS/pharmacy mobile app to give customers the ability to manage prescriptions and access important health information from any location,” says Rob Price, senior vice president of marketing and chief marketing officer. “In addition to managing prescriptions, the mobile app will provide instant access to our flu shot scheduler, and even allow customers to plan shopping trips in advance using our mobile circular.”