The total value of Alibaba shares sold as part of the IPO reached $25 billion after underwriters exercised their options, making it the largest ...
Giftmeister brings search and social together to help consumers find consumer electronics gifts.
Iron Horse Interactive, a marketing technology and services company, has launched Giftmeister, a social shopping site designed to help shoppers find the right consumer electronics gift and find online and bricks-and-mortar stores where that item can be purchased. In addition to PC access, Iron Horse soon will optimize Giftmeister.com for access on smartphones.
Consumers can create a Giftmeister account for free. Features include:
- Customer reviews. While searching for products, users have the ability to read the latest reviews and opinions, which can help shoppers make a more informed purchase decision, Iron Horse says.
- Customer guidance. Giftmeister provides specific gift and purchasing recommendations customized to a person’s age and price range, and a range of special interests and buying habits.
- Social network functionality. Giftmeister is integrated with Facebook, MSN, Gmail, Yahoo and other social networks and online platforms, enabling users to import contacts into their accounts and collect the latest information on desired products from their favorite social networking sites.
- Price alerts. Users are immediately informed when the price of a desired product they select is changed by a retailer. Giftmeister says it is linked via data feeds to numerous web-only and chain merchants, and displays the retailers and their prices during a search.
- Wish lists. Giftmeister users can create and share wish lists of their desired consumer electronics products, ensuring that everyone in their network can stay updated on what each user wants and see when products are removed from the list.
“Consumers in today’s environment want to make the most informed purchasing decisions possible, leverage social media and interact in real time as they shop, and then ultimately get the best price on the market, doing it as quickly and easily as possible at each step of the way,” says Uzair Dada, CEO and managing partner at Iron Horse Interactive, parent company of Giftmeister. “Giftmeister was created to accommodate the needs and interests of today’s consumers, providing them with ease, innovation and affordability as they search for consumer electronics gifts.”
Giftmeister also features what it calls “Smart Ad” functionality, which enables brand marketers and advertisers to reach prospective customers with targeted, personalized gift recommendation advertisements. Giftmeister enables advertisers to target specifically to the gender, age, lifestyle persona and budget of each shopper, who selects this information when creating an account or when using gift-finder features.