Today, the iPhone is the ultimate mobile shopping device: 69.5% of mobile sales occur on smartphones while 30.5% occur on tablets, and 61.4% of ...
Web sales hike upward for Shoes.com in the second quarter
Shoes.com sales climbed 14.7% and accounted for 4.3% of total Q2 revenue.
Shoes.com, an e-commerce business owned by Brown Shoe Co. Inc., posted higher web sales in the second quarter.
For the second quarter ended July 31, Shoes.com and Brown Shoe, No. 182 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide recorded:
- An increase in web sales for Shoes.com of 14.7% to $14.8 million from $12.9 million in the second quarter of 2009.
- Total sales grew year over year 14.5% to $585.8 million from $511.6 million.
- Famous Footwear sales increased year over year 10.6% to $347.3 million from $314.1 million.
- Specialty retail sales increased 7.8% to $59.8 million from $55.5 million.
- Net earnings were $5.3 million compared with a net loss of $4.2 million in the second quarter of 2009.
“We plan to drive increased market share gains with a powerful assortment of brands and traffic-generating TV, print and digital-marketing campaigns,” says CEO Ron Fromm. “Our portfolio of wholesale brands is equally poised for growth, as evidenced by our strong backlog for fall and holiday shipments.”
Internet Retailer calculates the web represented 2.5% of total sales, the same as in the previous year quarter.
For the first two quarters:
- Web sales increased 14% to $31.8 million from $27.9 million in the first two quarters of 2009.
- Total sales grew year over year 12.4% to $1.18 billion from $1.05 billion.
- Famous Footwear sales increased year over year 12.3% to $709.5 million from $631.7 million.
- Specialty retail sales increased 11.9% to $120.6 million from $107.8 million.
- Net earnings were $15.3 million compared with a net loss of $11.9 million in the first two quarters of 2009.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 2.7% of total sales, the same as in the first two quarters of 2009.