The home improvement chain also said the malware responsible for the breach has been removed from all stores.
The web contributes another month of brisk business for Abercrombie & Fitch.
For yet another month, a double-digit increase in web sales contributed to healthy sales for Abercrombie & Fitch Co.
For the four weeks ended Aug. 28, Abercrombie, No. 65 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, reported:
- E-commerce sales rose 43% year-over-year to $26.5 million from about $18.5 million. Abercrombie did not break out prior year web sales in its August sales update. The figure for August 2009 is based on calculations by Internet Retailer.
- Year to-date, web sales increased 45% to $164.2 million, up by 45% from $113.2 million from January through August 2009. The figure for year-to-date web sales though August 2009 is based on calculations by Internet Retailer.
- Total sales, including web sales, grew about 14.3% to $353.7 million, from $309.5 million a year earlier. Year-to-date total sales are up about 15% to $1.79 billion from $1.55 billion last year.
- Comparable-store sales increased 6%.
- International sales grew 80% year over year to $50.8 million from $28.2 million. Year-to-date international sales were $303.1 million, up by 90% from $159.5 million. The figures for 2009 are based on calculations by Internet Retailer.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 7.5% of Abercrombie’s August sales, compared with 6% in the prior year.