Avon.com ranks first in web site speed and uptime for the second quarter, AlertSite says.
Avon.com ranked first in web site speed and uptime in a recent study of the top 50 retailers in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide.
The top three retailers overall were:
· Avon.com, with 99.99% uptime and an average response time of 1.57 seconds.
· QVC.com, with 99.97% uptime and an average response time of 2.03 seconds.
· Cabelas.com, with 99.96% uptime and an average response time of 1.88 seconds
When it came to response time alone, LLBean.com, with an average 1.60 seconds and Peapod.com, with 1.75 seconds came in second and third behind Avon.com.
Another standout: Williams-Sonoma.com. The housewares retailer experienced no downtime at all, delivering 100% availability in Q2. Amazon.com and Avon tied for a close second with 99.99% availability.
The most drastic improvements in response times from Q1 to Q2 according to AlertSite were:
· Blockbuster.com, which improved response times 66.77%, from 9.60 to 3.19 seconds.
· MusiciansFriend.com, which improved response times 58.81%, from 5.73 to 2.36 seconds.
· Cabelas.com, which improved response times 46.59%, from 3.52 to 1.88 seconds.
The e-retailers that improved availability the most over Q1 were:
· LLBean.com, increasing uptime 3.86% to 99.34% availability.
· HomeDepot.com, increasing uptime 3.72% to 99.19% availability.
· SonyStyle.com, increasing uptime 2.14% to 99.92% availability.
Sites that fared worse for both response time and uptime in Q2 compared with Q1 included:
·BestBuy.com, with response time falling 18.7% from 3.85 seconds in Q1 to 4.57 seconds in Q2 and availability falling slightly from 99.98% to 99.90%.
·Drugstore.com, with response time falling 7.3% from 4.66 seconds in Q1 to 5 seconds in Q2 and availability falling slightly from 99.79% to 99.61%
·Nike.com, with response time falling .53% from 3.75 seconds in Q1 to 3.77 seconds in Q2 and availability falling .06% from 99.98% to 99.92%