23% of e-retail transactions on Thanksgiving and Black Friday came from mobile devices, according to payments security firm ThreatMetrix. However, 15.5% of retailers say ...
Internet Retailer announces line-up of Mobile Commerce Forum speakers
Executives from several industries will speak at the first Mobile Commerce Forum Oct. 12-13.
Topics: Mobile Commerce Forum
Internet Retailer today announced the line-up of speakers representing retail, ticketing, travel and charity organizations for the first Mobile Commerce Forum, Oct. 12 and 13 at the Hyatt Regency in Chicago. While mobile commerce has been getting lots of attention from marketers, few have successful programs in place. Internet Retailer has recruited successful mobile marketers to share insights into their success with conference attendees.
Leading the line-up of speakers as Keynoter on Oct. 12 is Will Pinnell, director of mobile strategy for Sabre Holdings/Travelocity. Travelocity/Sabre operates the largest mobile travel network, which hosts more than 10 million visitors worldwide each year. He brings 10 years of hands-on experience and insight in mobile commerce to his presentation about Sabre's commitment to mobile. He will explain how Sabre's and Travelocity's m-commerce initiatives have helped position the company as a market leader and show attendees how the Sabre experience easily relates to what their own customers can do via mobile.
Featured Speaker on Oct. 12 will be Jessica Yi, vice president, product development, Fandango.com. Fandango revolutionized the selling of movie tickets 10 years ago by moving the process online. Now it is radically changing the market again with a robust mobile app that provides an amazing amount of information about every movie, including trailers, reviews, cast, running time—and then allows customers to buy tickets—all in a mobile format. Yi will discuss how Fandango learned what customers wanted in an app, how it developed its app, how it markets the app to moviegoers, what success the company has experienced so far and what refinements are coming.
Featured Speaker on Oct. 13 will be Tim McCauley, director of mobile commerce, Walgreen Co., one of the first-ever retail executives given the formal post of director of mobile commerce. He will talk about what the job entails, his involvement in his company's overall strategy, what he deals with on a day-to-day basis, and why it's important today to have one person dedicated to the burgeoning m-commerce channel.
“These speakers from a variety of industries show our commitment to providing a broad range of experience for our attendees to learn from,” says Kurt T. Peters, editor in chief of Internet Retailer and chairman of the conference. “Mobile commerce is so new that no single marketer—or even industry—has all the answers. We intend for this cross-pollination of ideas to benefit marketers in all areas.”
Other speakers from ticketing, retail and non-profit organizations include:
- Nicholas Cole, marketing director, The Catholic Co.
- Sheri Fink, director, e-commerce, Tickets.com
- Brandon Proctor, vice president, marketing, Build.com
- Kevin Ranford, web marketing director, 1-800-Flowers.com
- Carol Steinberg, senior vice president, e-commerce, ShopNBC
- Roger Underwood, senior vice president, e-commerce, Finish Line
- Paull Young, director of digital engagement, charity:water
Other expert speakers include:
- Julie Ask, vice president & research director, Forrester Research
- Christopher Barcelona, associate director, emerging media, Resource Interactive
- Doug Bellenger, vice president, Movitas
- James Brehm, senior consultant, mobile, Frost and Sullivan
- Jon Cooper, CMO, Movitas
- Charles Golvin, principal analyst-mobile, Forrester Research
- Hung Le Hong, vice president, research, Gartner Inc.
- Jacob Sharony, principal consultant, Mobius Consulting
- Josh Martin, senior analyst, Strategy Analytics
“Just as in the early days of e-commerce, researchers, consultants and technolgoy providers were often in the forefront of market developments,” Peters says. “We are pleased to have speakers from those companies on the agenda.”
The complete list of speakers is at http://mcf.internetretailer.com/2010/speakers/.
Further information, including registration details, are at http://mcf.internetretailer.com/2010/.