Consumers are more likely to respond and interact with brands’ posts and ads on Friday than any other day of the week, according to ...
Pottery Barn’s year-over-year traffic fell 33% in February
Traffic was down at several home and garden shopping retail sites during an unusually harsh February, Nielsen NetView reports.
Traffic to Pottery Barn’s e-commerce site fell 33% from 2.16 million shoppers to 1.46 million in February, Nielsen NetView reports. Traffic was also down to several other home and garden shopping retail sites during an unusually harsh February.
Meanwhile, the Home Depot’s e-commerce site attracted the most consumers in February among home and garden online retailers with 10.26 million shoppers, up 1% from the prior year.
The top online home and garden shopping destinations in February, with unique visitors in millions this year compared with a year earlier and the percent change, according to Nielsen NetView, were:
- The Home Depot, 10.26, 10.16, 1%
- Lowe’s, 7.55, 9.25, -18%
- eBay Home, 3.99, 5.00, -20%
- Home Shopping Network, 3.94, 4.01, -2%
- Better Homes & Gardens Network, 2.95, 2.63, 12%
- Ikea, 2.89, 2.88, 0%
- Jo-Ann.com, 1.83, 2.14, -14%
- Pottery Barn, 1.46, 2.16, -33%
Unique visitors count only once each shopper who came to a site, no matter how many times the shopper visited. This is a custom list compiled by Internet Retailer of the top e-commerce sites in this category based on data from Nielsen NetView, a service of The Nielsen Co. Rankings may contain multiple web sites from the same retailer or manufacturer. Nielsen has expanded its panels of Internet users and, effective with June 2009 data, this may affect the percentage change from previous results for some sites.
By length of visit, the top home and garden shopping sites in February (hours:minutes:seconds), according to Nielsen, were:
- The Attitude Seed Bank, 1:02:16
- Cutlery Corner, 1:00:58
- Tupperware, 0:52:33
- High Country Gardens, 0:39:47
- Celebrating Home, 0:32:17
- Tvstands.com, 0:27:31
- Designtoscano.com, 0:25:30
- Burgess Seed & Plant Co, 0:25:09
- The House Designers, 0:23:22
- Home Shopping Network, 0:23:07
The top consumer goods home and garden advertisers in terms of online ad impressions (in millions) in February, according to Nielsen data, were:
- Reckitt Benckiser PLC, Lysol, 253.61
- The Procter & Gamble Co., Cheer, 30.19
- The Procter & Gamble Co., Febreze, 26.55
- Masco Corp., Delta Faucet, 23.35
- Sub-Zero Freezer Co. Inc., Wolf Appliance Co. LLC, 21.24
- The Clorox Co., Clorox, 19.35
- The Procter & Gamble Co., Charmin, 14.83
- The Procter & Gamble Co., Bounce, 13.76
- The Procter & Gamble Co., Tide, 13.26
- The Procter & Gamble Co., Bounty, 12.41