The TV and web retailer will bring its e-commerce and video programming to France in 2015. QVC already sells in Germany, Italy and the ...
The Internet was the best place for Ace Hardware’s 2009 sales
Web sales in 2009 were flat for Ace Hardware at $11.9 million. But that was a bright spot in a year in which total sales declined 10.3% to $3.5 billion from $3.9 billion in 2008.
Web sales held steady in 2009 for Ace Hardware, while store sales declined.
For the fiscal year ended Jan. 2, Ace Hardware reported:
- Web sales were $11.9 million, up by 0.8% from $11.8 million in 2008.
- Total sales were $3.5 billion, down by about 10.3% from $3.9 billion in 2008.
- Net income was $95.7 million, an 11.5% increase from $85.8 million.
“While we are disappointed with our revenues for 2009, our overall performance was solid in what was a very challenging year,” says Ray Griffith, president and CEO of Ace Hardware, No. 451 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide. “We reduced operating expenses for a third consecutive year and strategically invested in our business to support the best hardware retailers in the industry.”
For the fourth quarter, Ace reported:
- Total sales were $800.3 million, a decrease of 16.2% from $954.6 million year over year. Ace doesn’t break out quarterly web sales.
- Net income was $12.4 million, down by 18.4% from $15.2 million.