Once a major home furnishings retailer and now an online-only brand, Linens ‘N Things has a new owner. Before the chain’s 2008 bankruptcy it ...
Demandware adds 68 retail sites and posts a 182% rise in clients` web sales
2009 was a good year for on-demand e-commerce platform provider Demandware Inc. The company added 68 new e-commerce sites to its portfolio and its e-retailer clients increased their sales by 182%.
Chief Technology Editor
2009 was a pretty good year for on-demand e-commerce platform provider Demandware Inc. The e-commerce platform provider added 68 new e-commerce sites to its portfolio and its e-retailer clients increased their sales by 182%.
For 2009 Demandware also reports:
- More than 60 new clients in industries including apparel, consumer goods and telecommunicaitons
- 68 new client e-retail sites including Anne Klein, Burton Snowboards, Columbia Sportswear, Crocs, Frederick`s of Hollywood, lucy Activewear, Mikasa, Pfaltzgraff and SportScheck
- A 182% increase in aggregate online sales across all the e-commerce sites on the Demandware platform.
- 34% year-over-year online sales growth for Demandware clients during the 2009 holiday season-significantly higher than the 3.5% industry average reported by comScore.
- Global expansion through a partnership with Netrada, a European e-commerce service provider for the fashion and apparel industry
- 99.99% platform availability, excluding downtime for scheduled maintenance.
- More than 80 new product features and enhancements delivered automatically to all Demandware clients
- A mobile commerce storefront launched in Q4 2009 for Barneys New York, the first retailer first to launch a mobile storefront on Demandware’s platform
"We experienced record growth despite the challenging market conditions of 2009, says CEO Tom Ebling. “In addition to the markets where we have been traditionally strong, we expanded into new areas such as telecommunications, consumer manufacturing and electronics."
Specifically, new features added to the Demandware e-commerce platform in 2009 include:
- Active Merchandising Metrics-Driven Merchandising - An online selling engine that controls and automates merchandising across search, personalization, analytics, promotions and catalog.
- Mobile Storefront - A customizable mobile storefront template that includes search, navigation, product catalog, pricing, checkout, content management, security and inventory. Demandware provides a single interface for managing both the e-commerce web site and the mobile storefront simultaneously.
- Search and Navigation – More features including an improved indexing of product identifiers and alternative spelling of brand names.