The Top 500 apparel chain plans to expand its reserve online, pick up in store program, as well as its presence in China.
Dillard’s web sales rose 6% in 2009
While Dillard’s saw its web sales rise 6% in 2009, the fashion apparel and home furnishings retailer’s total sales fell 9%. Web sales accounted for 1.7% of total sales in 2009, compared with 1.4% in 2008.
Topics: business finance
While Dillard’s Inc. saw its web sales rise in 2009, the fashion apparel and home furnishings retailer’s total sales fell.
In its 2009 fiscal year ended Jan. 30, 2010, Dillard’s reported:
- Web sales grew 6.5% to reach $101.9 million compared with $95.7 million in 2008.
- Total sales dropped 10.3% to $6.1 billion in 2009 from $6.8 billion in 2008.
- Web sales accounted for 1.7% of total sales in 2009, compared with 1.4% in 2008.
- Net income of $68.5 million, up from a net loss of $241.1 million in 2008.
Dillard’s is No. 133 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide.
In the fourth quarter, Dillard’s, which doesn’t break out quarterly web sales, also reported:
- Total sales declined about 9% to $1.8 billion from $2.0 billion in Q4 2008.
- Net income was $79.5 million compared with a net loss of $149.3 million in the prior year.
“We achieved strong cash flow from operations for the year as well as notable year-over-year reductions in inventory and debt,” says CEO William Dillard II. “Moving ahead, we will maintain our disciplined approach to these areas while effecting continued merchandise mix improvements to further strengthen our appeal to the Dillard’s customer.”