Sales from mobile devices increased 101% in the first quarter compared to the same quarter last year for more than 350 retailer clients of ...
U.S. web sales grow solidly for QVC.com in 2009
QVC Inc. credits a stronger e-commerce platform and more focused customer service as the prime reasons domestic web sales grew 18% in 2009.
QVC Inc., a business unit of Liberty Media Corp., credits a stronger e-commerce platform and more focused customer service as the prime reasons domestic web sales grew in 2009.
For the year ended Jan. 10, QVC, No. 11 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, reported:
- U.S. web sales increased 18.0% to $1.44 billion from $1.22 billion.
- Total sales increased 1.0% to $7.37 billion from $7.30 billion.
- U.S. sales grew 1.4% to $4.98 billion from $4.91 billion.
- The web accounted for 28.9% of QVC’s domestic sales compared with 24.8% in the prior year.
- Foreign sales were essentially flat year over year at $2.93 billion.
For the fourth quarter QVC also reported:
- U.S. web sales increased 24.9% to $517.7 million from $414.4 million.
- Total U.S. sales increased 12.8% year over year to $1.67 billion from $1.48 billion.
- The web accounted for 31.0% of QVC’s domestic sales compared with 28.0% in the prior year.
- Total sales, including international revenue, increased 14.1% to $2.43 billion from $2.13 billion in the fourth quarter of 2008.
- Foreign sales increased year over year 14.7% to $751.0 million from $655.0 million.
Sales for Liberty Interactive, another e-commerce business unit composed of Provide Commerce, Backcountry.com, Bodybuilding.com, BuySeasons.com, Lockerz and The Right Start, grew 20% to $931.0 million in 2009 from $776.0 million in the prior year.