The marketplace gives consumers access to more than 300 products created using a 3-D printer.
Branded apparel designer, wholesaler and retailer Jones Apparel Group reported 2009 web sales were $51.5 million, up from $32 million in 2008. Total sales and retail sales decreased by 8% and 5.6%, respectively.
Branded apparel designer, wholesaler and retailer Jones Apparel Group finished the year with strong growth in its e-commerce channel.
For the year ended Dec. 31, 2009, Jones Apparel reported:
- Web sales were $51.5 million, a 61% increase from $32.0 million in 2008.
- Total sales were $3.32 billion, down by 8% from $3.61 billion for the full year 2008.
- The web represented 1.6% of sales, versus 0.9% in 2008.
- Retail sales were $689.3 million, a 5.6% decline from $730.2 million.
- Wholesale footwear and accessories sales were $896.0 million, a 12.2% decrease from $1.02 billion in 2008.
- Comparable-stores sales were down 4.3%.
- Online sales were $21.4 million, a 65% increase from $13.0 million in the prior year quarter.
- Revenue was $777.0 million, an 8.3% decrease compared with $847.0 million.
- The web represented 2.8% of sales for the quarter, compared with 1.5% in Q4 2008.
- Retail sales were $197.3 million, down by 1.7% from $200.7 million.
- Wholesale footwear and accessories sales were $221.2 million, a 1% increase from $218.98 million in the prior year quarter.
- Comparable-stores sales were up by 2%.