A Forrester Research report analyzes the early successes and failures of Apple’s mobile payments system.
Web sales for The Children`s Place in 2009 increased 34.1% while total revenue remained flat and comparable-store sales declined 2%.
The Children’s Place Retail Stores Inc. turned in a solid e-commerce performance in the fourth quarter and in 2009.
In its January sales report, The Children’s Place reported several preliminary year-end numbers, including:
- E-commerce revenue for the fourth quarter ended Jan. 30 grew year over year 23.6% to $28.8 million from $23.3 million.
- Total sales grew 4.2% to $462.8 million from $441.5 million in the fourth quarter of 2008.
- The web accounted for 6.2% in total sales in the fourth quarter, compared with 5.3% in the prior year.
- Comparable-store sales were flat.
- E-commerce revenue grew year over year 34.1% to $110.9 million from $82.7 million.
- Total sales remained flat year over year at $1.64 billion.
- The web accounted for 6.8% of total sales compared with 5.0% in 2008.
- Comparable-store sales declined 2%.
The Children’s Place breaks out full year-end financials on March 10.