Sales were up across the board for The Buckle Inc in the third quarter but it was the web that made the biggest contribution.
For the quarter ended Oct. 31:
- Web sales were $12.5 million, a 41.9% increase from $8.8 million in the prior year quarter.
- Total sales were $231.2 million, up by 9.8% from $210.6 million.
- Comparable-store sales increased by 4.3%.
- The Internet represented 5.4% of sales versus 4.2% a year earlier.
- Net income was $33.3 million, a 14.4% increase compared with $29.1 million in the prior year.
- Web sales of $34.3 million, a 50.8% increase from $22.7 million year over year.
- Total sales were $623.8 million, up by 15.4% from $540.6 million.
- Comparable-store sales increased 9.7%.
- Online sales accounted for 5.5% of total sales compared with 4.2% in the same period last year.
- Net income was $85.2 million, a 21.5% lift from $70.1 million.