The marketplace gives consumers access to more than 300 products created using a 3-D printer.
Best Buy saw an 18% jump in year-over-year traffic for October, Nielsen Online reports. Conversely, there were 82% fewer unique visitors to the relaunched CircuitCity.com web site than there were a year earlier to the site of Circuit City Stores Inc.
Best Buy saw an 18% jump in year-over-year traffic for October, attracting 14.68 million unique visitors, Nielsen Online reports. GameStop.com and Newegg.com both registered 16% traffic increases to 3.82 million and 3.23 million unique visitors, respectively.
Meanwhile, there were 82% fewer unique visitors to the relaunched CircuitCity.com web site than there were a year earlier to the site of Circuit City Stores Inc., which went bankrupt this year. CircuitCity.com is now owned by Systemax, owner of such e-retail sites as TigerDirect.com and CompUSA.com.
The top 10 multi-category computers and consumer electronics retail destinations in October with unique visitors in millions this year and last and growth from prior year, according to Nielsen Online, were:
- Best Buy, 14.68, 12.45, 18%
- eBay Electronics, 4.92, 5.51, -11%
- gamestop.com, 3.82, 3.28, 16%
- OSTG, 3.47, 3.97, -13%
- TigerDirect.com, 3.35, 3.61, -7%
- Newegg.com, 3.23, 2.79, 16%
- Optimum Store Online, 3.23, 3.09, 4%
- eBay Computers, 2.06, 2.68, -23%
- CircuitCity.com, 1.91, 10.52, -82%
- Sony, 1.60, 2.04, -21%
Unique visitors count only once each shopper who came to a site, no matter how many times the shopper visited. This is a custom list compiled by Internet Retailer of the top online shopping destinations based on Nielsen Online data. Rankings may contain multiple web sites from the same retailer or manufacturer.
By length of visit, the top nine online hardware manufacturer shopping destinations in October (hours, minutes:seconds), according to Nielsen Online, were:
- Sling Media, 3:03:11
- Optimum Store Online, 1:05:38
- MailFrontier, 0:41:06
- Audiogon, 0:35:33
- WinCustomize, 0:35:25
- JBS Software, 0:28:35
- Tyco Electronics, 0:25:21
- ni.com, 0:22:08
- OSTG, 0:20:22
The top 10 retail goods and services segments in terms of online ad impressions (in millions) in October, according to Nielsen data, were:
- Netflix Inc., 2,534.15
- Sandy Martinelli, LMT, 1,571.89
- Target Corporation, 909.86
- eBay Inc., 900.09
- United Online Inc., 586.37
- DirectBuy, 523.05
- United Parcel Service Inc., 471.17
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc., 457.88
- buycostumes.com, 363.50
- The Nation Law Firm, 317.83