Geeknet Inc. the new corporate name for what was formerly SourceForge Inc., says e-commerce revenue rose 11% to $7.1 million in the third quarter ended Sept. 30, up from $6.4 million a year earlier. Total revenue fell 6% to $10.8 million from $11.5 million.
For the third quarter, Geeknet also reports:
- E-commerce revenue as a percent of total revenue rose to 65.7%, compared with 55.9% in Q3 of 2008.
- Total net loss increased year over year to $4.5 million from $2.7 million.
- E-commerce revenue rose 5.5% year over year to $21.1 million from $20.0 million in the first nine months of 2008.
- Total revenue fell 5.2% year over year to $32.9 million from $34.7 million.
- E-commerce revenue as a percent of total revenue rose to 64.1% from 57.6% a year ago.
ThinkGeek is a division of Geeknet and is No. 250 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide (a PDF version of ThinkGeek’s financial and operating profile can be ordered by clicking on its name).